Revolution Slider Not Showing on Homepage

I am having an issue with Revolution Slider.
I have installed a new wordpress install on Siteground Hosting.
Installed the latest version of X, and then installed Rev Slider.

The problem is when I go into edit the slider, all my images and text are forced to the top left of the edit screen, and won’t move.

Here is what I have tried already:

1. Reinstalled Wordpress again
  2. Reinstalled X again
  3. Reinstalled Rev Slider again
  4. Reinstalled older version of X and Rev Slider
  5. I even took a backup of a site that I launched that is running all the same things, and installed that to my new site
  6. Called Siteground to have them look into it.
  7. All of this while flushing cache and browser cache every time.

I am at a loss, as to why this is happening.

The site that works is: www.newlifejasper.com
The site that is having problems is: www.theofficialtomcarter.com

Please help, as I have never had issues with this before.

Hey Lenny,

I checked the site with issue and you have not installed Cornerstone yet which is a required plugin for X. Please install Cornerstone first. You’ve installed Cornerstone in the site that’s working.

Also, Slider Revolution now needs that you load its libraries to the pages where a slider has been added via a function in the PHP page template which is the case in our themes if you use the Slider Above and Below Masthead option.

With that said, please follow the solution in this thread: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/updated-slider-revolution-and-it-stopped-working/61443/9

Hope that helps.

I had uninstalled it because I thought it might be presenting issues.
I reinstalled it and rev slider still wasn’t working.

ISSUE FIXED*
I put another ticket in with Siteground to have their techs look into it again.
One of their senior devs got back with me, and said that the Cornerstone Plugin didn’t install properly, but wasn’t showing anything on the admin screen and looked as if it were working ok.

I uninstalled the cornerstone plugin.
Downloaded a copy of X
Unzipped it
Went into the X files under Framework -> and at the top was the cornerstone plugin zip file
I uploaded that file into the plugins in admin
Flushed all the cache, and its all working fine now.

Hey Lenny,

Glad your issue was resolved. Corruption during the install process could happen to any theme, plugin or even WordPress so re-installing everything manually is necessary sometimes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.