Revolution Slider extraneous code problem

Hi there,

I have Pro installed and I added in some plugins, including Revolution Slider.

I then went in to start working on a header. It worked at first but when I clicked to look at something else and came back and started to get an error saying there wasn’t a closing HTML tag.

I did some reading and noticed people were getting this similar message when Rev Slider was there. I deactivated mine and that stopped the error but now I’m getting a [rev_slider alias_1] between my header and my content.

I did install the plug in but never touched the settings and never inserted a slider element.

How can I fix this? Also, how can I get rev slider to work on my site?

Dan

Hello Dan,

Thank you for the very detailed information. I have made sure that on my local testing server it is up to date. I’ve added a slider into a page and I could not replicate any issues at all. The error could be unique to the installation. Would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look at your site?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Thanks for your reply,

I added the secure note to the original post.

Couldn’t figure out how to do it from the thread reply.

Dan

PS Should Slider Revolution work with this build properly? Also, can I add a slider to a header?

Hello @Egoslut,

I have logged in and activated Slider Revolution. I have seen the “Record not found” error. This usually happens when you imported the demo content without installating/activating the slider plugin. I went ahead and imported the wedding slider. It is not showing in your homepage. To know more how you can add a slider in your pages, please check out this codex:

Hope this helps.

Thanks a ton.

I really appreciate the help

Dan

Hi there,

Sorry one more question. I do actually see the slider on my home page.

However, when I go to the home page where it is it appears to be in the header. But when I go to the header in the theme options I don’t see any reference to it.

Now I’m building a custom header with teh header tool and when I go there I can see it as well but I can’t seem to edit or delete it.

Where do I find this code reference so I can edit it?

Dan

Hello Dan,

You can remove or replace the slider in the page settings because the sliders can only be inserted in your header on a page by page basis if you are using the default header. Please edit your homepage and find the Slider Masthead settings. It has been explained in this thread:

As soon as you create a custom header and assign that header to a page, you will lose the ability to have the Slider Masthead settings because with custom header, you can easily insert the slider inside the builder.

Hope this helps.

Got it.

Thanks for all the help.

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.