Revolution Slider above masthead? Help

I updated everything on my site and the Revolution Slider still doesn’t show up. It’s just black and I inserted a free template so it should be playing. I didn’t change any of the settings. It only starts to show up in cornerstone but isn’t working correctly. In the live view, it’s just black above the masthead. Any ideas what could be going on? I did choose a page template with header and footer — no container.

Also, does my editor look like the current version? I have seen for other people it looks like this:

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in! Does your section added before the 5.2.x update? If so, then that is fine.

Your second screenshot is the settings of the new section, try adding a new section and see if you got those settings.

Regarding the Revolution Slider issue, please make sure that you have the latest version of X, Cornerstone, and Revolution Slider (refer here for the latest compatible versions)

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

I have the latest versions of cornerstone, revolution slider and X.

Yes, a new section has that look.

How do I clear all cache? Just in firefox preferences? I keep having to do that now. Cornerstone gives me this:

I’m worried about getting a caching plugin and forgetting to deactivate it when I make changes.

Either way, nothing seems to fix the Revolution Slider. I have the latest version and I’ve tried deactivating all other plugins and still nothing :confused:

My fixed top header also doesn’t seem to be responding anymore. I haven’t changed anything.

Hi There,

You mentioned above that your slider is a free template, right? Would you mind sharing that template so we can test it on our end since it looks like that you’re working on a local server?

Are you using XAMPP? I advise that you set up a virtual host, so you can have your actual domain while working on a local server.

How To Setup Virtual Hosts Using XAMPP

It would be best if you can upload your site to a staging server, so we can do an actual investigation.

I also advise deactivate all your caching plugins while the site is still in development phase but don’t just deactivate it, please clear it first before you deactivate.

Please see the link below how to clear your browser’s cache

How to clear cache in Chrome, Firefox and Safari

Thanks,

I’ve tried the Content Tabs free slider and the Web Product Dark Hero4 and it doesn’t work.

I’m sorry, how do I set up a staging server? I use MAMP for my localhost.

I’m trying to follow this: https://medium.com/@wilbo/adding-a-virtual-host-in-mamp-for-mac-a6c717cc0475 but I don’t know what the host file is.

Right now on my live site the menu isn’t working as a fixed navigation menu anymore. Not sure what’s causing it and the revolution slider is still messed up. I put the shortcode in and the slider disappears. Could you please look at my site again?

Hi There,

I did import that 2 demo slider on my dev site to check and both works.

Please follow this link: How to Edit the Hosts File on Mac OS X

Please provide us your live site URL and login credentials in a secure note so we can take a look.

Thank you,

Thank you, I added my credentials to my last message.

Hi there,

Let’s discuss this after the staging became available as per your other thread https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/issues-with-cornerstone-revolution-slider-m-e-calendar-after-the-new-update/14990

Your live site is still with old versions and you said you’re working in local where the issue is, hence, no way we can check it.

Thanks!

No the issue is also on my live site. The home page no longer has a fixed menu navigation and when I try to add the revolution slider as a shortcode anywhere else on the page, it does not work.

I am having issues on both sites. My local also doesn’t have a fixed menu working anymore and it has all the updates. Right now I just want the live site to work properly.

In the meantime, I will work on a subdomain but how do I make sure people don’t confuse it with our live site? Will it be easily searched or can you hide a staging site?

Hello There,

The staging site can be private. Only those who knew the link can visit it. Please create a staging site so we can check the issue and finally update your live site.

Please let us know how it goes.

Okay thank you, it has been created. How do I make sure it’s set to private and it’s secure? I checked “Discourage search engines from indexing this site.” I looked into X-Robots-Tag HTTP header but not sure if that’s what I should be doing? I don’t understand it very well.

Hi There,

Yes, that is correct enabling Discourage search engines from indexing your site. For now, it will only be available to those who knows the link. Since you have the one with issue regarding MEC, and that plugin have conflict at the moment, try removing the MEC shortcode from the page and then check again. The JS error produce from having MEC might stop other functionalities from working specially those that are using JS too like fixed menu.

Ok. I removed it but my cornerstone editor keeps showing this:

I thought the staging environment wouldn’t have caching issues? I have no caching plugins.

Hi there,

I saw the similar issue and it’s due to Tween effect of the slider, and when I checked your site, it’s the same. Could you try cloning your slider and test it while disabling the animation one by one. My other recommendation is downgrading the Wordpress to 4.8 since this issue seems started when it became available.

Thanks!

I duplicated one of the slider templates Web Product Dark Hero4. I turned off the animations but still nothing is there.

It’s supposed to be an easy to use template.

No the slider templates above masthead still doesn’t work on my other live site (non-staging) that has all the old versions. But yeah the caching issue happened after…

Hi there,

I noticed that if the slider is coming from your site(exported slider) it also break my builder in my own installation. If I create from scratch, it works okay in the builder. Perhaps the issue is only specific to your current slider, how about re-creating it from scratch and add each element/layer one at a time while testing it until you find which content is causing this.

Thanks!

Nothing comes up in that link. What do you mean specific to my current slider? None of the sliders work. If I add anything, even just one image, nothing shows up.

My reason for using the template was not to have to make it from scratch…I have soliliquy, does that work on my site?

I tried importing another slider from the template site called Stormy Day and the plugin crashed. All my site said was ‘Record Not Found’ and nothing else on my site displayed.

I had to delete all the sliders and deactivate it to get my site back. This plugin doesn’t seem to be stable.

Hi there,

Yes, it looks like it’s not stable on your site (only). Which makes me wonder, how about testing it in another environment? Like cloning your site in a different host?

The issue is specific to your slider since all exported sliders from your site aren’t working on my site. But the sliders not from your site works okay on my installation. And all sliders created or imported on your site became faulty.

Thanks!

I am using LayerSlider WP now. That seems to work a lot better. Do you know why when I go to the homepage or refresh it, the slider resizes? I don’t know what’s doing that.

Hi there,

My apologies but I can’t seem to see the issue that you are describing. I have checked your site but I can’t seem to see the LayerSliderWP that you have mention, but a Revolution Slider that is on the homepage and it seems to be displaying fine now.

Would you mind providing us more info on how we could replicate the issue that you have mentioned?

Thank you.