Replace Revslider with Static Parallax Image

Hi

I’ve been using Theme X since version 3, and it still uses the Revolution Slider. They are all individually called in my child them under the different headers for the different page templates.

I would like to replace all the Revsliders with a static image that parallaxes like the original without all the Revslider javascript.

Can someone point me to how this would be accomplished?

Thank you!

Hello @bluedotproductions,

Thanks for writing in! Where did you added the sliders? Using the slider settings or you have inserted them into the section of the page? I would recommend that you remove your slider and then edit the page. Insert a section before any of the existing sections and then use the section background image. Once you enable parallax in the background options, you can have the parallax image in your page’s section.

To assist you with this issue, we’ll first need you to provide us with your URL. This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

Regards.

I’m asking about the “Slider Above” in the header.

Going private with site links… Thank you!

Hi @bluedotproductions,

That would require customization since parallax isn’t part of the theme’s header. For example, please check it here https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/blog-page-to-display-featured-image-then-blog-title/4022/2, though, that customization is provided by someone else so you would need to contact them.

I’ll add some notes, it may only work on posts so it may require different implementation but same idea. Then you’ll have to update your theme as it may only work on the latest one and your current versions are very old. It’s like a site redesign/maintenance and so you must do it on staging/development, updating very old versions will result in many issues that you may need to fix first, and staging is good for that so your live site will not be affected by any issues.

And once all are fixes and implemented, you can push the staging to your live site replacing it. Please check this about the staging setup https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/slider-revolution-error-message/48874

Thanks!

Yes, we have already implemented the new X to a dev site. Very happy the new cornerstone actually works for us with our customizations.

However the link you sent me isn’t to a header image, but a featured image. Is there a setup (with the new version) to use a static image instead of revslider?

Hi @bluedotproductions,

Yes, if a page has featured image, it will appear as the same since featured images are static images.

But if you wanted to completely replace the Slider masthead with a static image, with a way you manually add your own image the same way as the slider is set, then it’s not currently possible. It would require custom development just to modify those features.

Or, you can try the layer slider and just add one static image. It works the same as slider masthead but it has minimal resources than revolution slider. https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-layerslider/70. It can be set the same way as Revolution Slider in the masthead.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.