I tried to check your license page to find the URL of the website you are talking about, but unfortunately, you have many licenses and I am not sure which website you are talking about.
Would you please kindly follow the steps below:
- Go to X > Settings and click on Clear Style Cache button.
- Clear your browser cache, and check the case with another machine and another browser.
- Make sure that you used the Font Manager for the fonts.
- If you're using a CDN, please clear the CDN's cache and disable optimization services.
- Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it's fixed, you'll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.