Renew - Full Width Image

Hi,

I’ve been using the X theme for several years now, but I’ve hit a stumbling block with quite a basic task.

I’m trying to add an image and want it to go full width - could someone please have a look at the page below and let me know where I am going wrong.

http://sportmemorabilia.co.uk.gridhosted.co.uk/

Thanks

Hi there,

I have just checked the site above and the image is displaying fullwidth:

Were you able to get this sorted?

Cheers!

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

It’s not displaying full width for me -

Could you also advise how I can get rid of the white space above and below the image.

Thanks

Hi There,

I have tested your site URL in Firefox, Chrome and Safari and all I see is a full width image as mentioned above. Make sure to clear your browser cache and re-test this issue again. If you’re still having issues, please let us know your browser and it’s current version, so that we can try to reproduce the issue.

To remove the space above and below, please edit your Section in Cornerstone and remove top and bottom padding from that section (currently it’s set to 45px, top and bottom).

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for the advice on the padding - all sorted.

However I still can’t get the image to scale full width - my screen res is 2500px wide- the image I uploaded is 1400px wide, I was hoping to get it to scale full width - no matter what the screen resolution.

I am using Chrome and have cleared my browser cache and I still see space down the right and left hand side.

Hi there,

I checked on bigger resolution and I was able to see what you mean.

The image will only fill the screen width up to 1400px as that is the maximum width of the image itself.

Try adding this to the image element’s Element CSS:

$el,
$el img {
   width: 100%;
}

This will force the image to extend more than 1400px if the screen width if more than its actual width. Please note that doing so would scretch the image which will make it look less clear.

Thanks - That is very helpful.

Glad that we could be of a help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.