Remove X and Cornerstone

We need to switch themes and no longer use x theme. Activated new theme deactivated Cornerstone plugin.
Left with shortcode everywhere, really do not want to have to go through everything and manually remove this garbage.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
Cornerstone elements are based on Short-code, if you disable cornerstone then the content only show the short-code.

What is a shortcode?
A shortcode is a WordPress-specific code that lets you do nifty things with very little effort. Shortcodes can embed files or create objects that would normally require lots of complicated, ugly code in just one line.

We are really sorry but there is no other way to remove the shortcode other than manually remove it.

As you said you have switched to another theme, we are not sure what exactly the issue you have faced with our theme, if you could ask for a help we would love to help you any time.

Thanks for understanding.

Had the same challenge - I want to keep using the theme but remove all the Cornerstone references as this because too heavy for a large site. My way around it is long winded but it is working.

Use Simply Static HTML plugin to export a static site and reimport using import HTML plugin to put it back.

When reimporting - import from Div class cs-content and you’ll only get the raw content. You’ll then need to manually tidy up!

Hope this helps - it’s a bit of trial and error, but if the site is large then it’ll save time in the end!

Hi ashleybassett,

Thanks for sharing your experience in migrating your website content :slight_smile: I hope you can give it another try by going through these tips as I believe this should help in getting your web pages loading fast.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.