Remove Video Play Button

hi

Can you tell me if there is a way to remove the play button, audio icon and time information from a video in an Essential Grid? Happy for them to become visible on mouseover, but just don’t want them sitting there by default. Is that possible at all?

Regards

Hi @guybower1,

Thanks for reaching out.

I checked your account and unable to find it, would you mind providing your the exact URL where this grid is? And based on your screenshot, it looks like a HTML5 video (a video that uses browser’s built-in player) hence, then hiding controls may not be possible, but I’ll check first.

Thanks!

hi Rad

yes, it is an html 5 content video stored on our site.

The login details are in a secure note

cheers

May I ask one other thing regarding the video, please Rad? Each of the images in the grid is 600px x 345px except the one which is 3 x the height. I have tried making the video 600 x 345, but for some reason the grid lines don’t match with the column next to it. The video appears a little short. So I adjusted it to 348px high and it made no difference. Why would it not line up as the still images do?

I have now tried 3 different version of the video and for the life of me they are still out out alignment

cheers

Hi @guybower1,

I couldn’t log in, it says I’m blocked from accessing your site. Would you mind publishing the post and provide the URL in the secure note?

Thanks!

hi Rad

For some reason, Jetpack had put the site into safe mode. No idea why. The URL is http://feastthailand.com/events/hua-hin-chefs-table-ep-2/

I have taken it out of safe mode now, so it should be OK to login

cheers

Hi @guybower1,

The problem that you are experiencing is that the video mode of the essential grid has only 2 modes 16:9 and 3:4 and you can not give a strict height to a video element and it should always follow the aspect ratio which you give while clicking the settings of the specific element in the grid:

And as you added the video inside the settings as a one-off one it can not be changed and you can not change the play icon:

Unfortunately, I should say that both questions will have a negative answer in this case.

I suggest that you stay with all image or all video mode:

https://www.themepunch.com/essgrid-doc/working-with-video/

Thank you.

Hi Christian

Thanks for the reply

Ok, understood. I guess the only way to fix it would be to make the images all 16:9

cheers

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.