Question if Pro or staying with just X

I have a question about going to Pro. I really did look through the knowledge base and support topics first. I edit my blog posts, my woo commerce store,& wishlist member plug in generated pages in back end editor. I use cornerstone for the rest of my pages.

1. That being said, if I switch to Pro, will I be able to still edit those pages in back-end editor?
    I am currently having my site migrated to a new dedicated server.
  2. Can I wait another week to upgrade after that is complete?
    Thanks Team, trying APEX the first time.

Hi @suehrs,

Thanks for writing in.

1. Yes, you can still edit your pages in back end editor.

2. Yes, you can still wait for a week before you upgrade.

But before upgrading or anything else, don’t forget to backup site or replicate the process first in your staging site so that you could check if everything works great.

We hope that you are loving APEX.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Can I still update to Pro? I had to wait until my site was migrtaed to a new server. Now complete.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! Sure you can upgrade to Pro. Please check out this knowledge base article on how you can upgrade to Pro: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/x-to-pro-conversion/104

Hope this helps.

1 Like

I did upgrade. Thanks. Just figuring out how to update my site now.

Hi Susan,

Glad to see you here in APEX :slight_smile:

You can follow the X To Pro Conversion guide on our KB, skip to the Before You Update to Pro section since I assume you already have the PRO license.

Couple advice, if you can setup a staging site please do so and do the conversion there first. If you have lots of Customization on your child theme chances are some of those might cause you trouble, if this is the case then backup your old child theme and delete it. Then install a new one (https://theme.co/apex/child-themes) and activate it. Move your customization one at a time from your old child theme to new and see which customization works and which are not.

Remember to clear all caches after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!