Put site in french

Hi,

how can i change some items in French? For example, “leave a comment”, “uncategorized”, “comments”, “tags” and so forth.

Thank you !

Hi,

Thanks for writing in!

We actually have a guide on how to set-up translation.

Kindly refer to the link below

Hope that helps.

Oh man. It helps but had I known it was so complicated, I would have bought a theme that was already translated :(. From your advertisement, I thought X was ready to use in French, not that I neeeded to do it by myself and put a few hours of work in it…
This involves creating a child theme, playing with code, etc.
The description of X gives the impression that it can easily be put or used in another langage. :frowning:

It wasn’t as bad as I thought, but took me about an hour and a half and I have some notions of coding. Still, not all site is translated and it’s a hassle to find what the public can see VS what i see in Dashboard. And I don’t mind dashboard in English. So I’ll have to explore the site to find what appears in English and then change it. As I said, had I know, I would have explored another option than X before buying.

Hello Yannick,

Thanks for updating in! Just for future topics, self responding or bumping your post pushes it back in our Queue system so it takes longer to respond to.

Please be also advised that you can install a 3rd party plugin so that you can manage the translations easily. You may want to install WPML as it is widely used by other X theme users. There are other translation plugins too. You can check it out from here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/search/multilingual/

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the plugin advice. I’ll look it up.
Sorry I was I bit rough on you guys. The learning curve for X is a bit longer than I expected. I get a bit frustrated with all the unexpected work hours I have to put into creating my blog.

Hey Yannick,

We understand that it is frustrating if you need to learn if you’re in a hurry to setup your site. Just regarding translation, the process is the same in other themes.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.