Product Validation fail

Hi, just installed WP and X all looked ok but when i enter the purchase code and hit entre i go to a blank screen (http://<>/wp-admin/admin.php?) and nothing happens. my webhoster is on version 5.5.17 PHP if that helps.

thanks

• Charlie

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in! A white screen usually means there is a fatal PHP error. Can you please enable WP_DEBUG mode? You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding the following code just above /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page with the white screen, you should have some error output describing the issue in more detail.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

HI - yep tried that no different ! - i double checked the config file and my change to true is in there.

Hi There,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • Your purchase code
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

Thanks!

Ok sure will do

Hi there,

You were using a very old version of WordPress (3.4.1). I have tried to update your site, but it still throws errors.

Could you please download the latest version of WordPress and re-install it on your site and that should resolve your issues.

WordPress recommends PHP 7.2 or higher (https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/), however we do recommend at least PHP 5.6.32 or later to avoid any incompatibility issues.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

My webhost only supports wp 3.4.1 and php 5.5.17 - I checked X was compatible before I bought it - is it not then ?

Hang on - I just checked - it’s WP version 4.9.1 not 3 !!!

Hi There,

When you’re using older versions, it will arise many issues as you have missed updates which fixes most of the known issues.

You will see WP v4.9.1 now because I have tried to update, but it did not update properly. If you can try with a clean installation using the latest version of WordPress, that should work.

Thanks!

OK thanks are you sure it was 3.4.1 as according to the Web hosts website (easily. Co. UK) the state 4.9.1?! I will check with them tomorrow if it is 4 9 1 then x should be OK?

Cheers for your help

Charlie

Oh IV just noticed a statement on their website that they cannot yet support v 4.9.1 assuming they don’t fix this in short term do I have any other option eg using a previous version of x?

Thanks

Hello There,

If WordPress 4.9.1 will not work, you will have to work with an older version of WordPress. WP 4.x should work find with X. You will have to downgrade your WP installation. You can find the older WP version here: https://wordpress.org/download/release-archive/

Hope this helps.

Hi there, i just got told by easily that i can downgrade to Wordpress version 4.8.3 which functions correctly on their servers. Will i be ok weith that ?!

Many thanks

• Charles

Hi there,

That should do fine. But please consider that WordPress itself informs that it supports PHP version 5.6+ and 7+.

Also, the PHP language providers also said php 5.5.17 is deprecated and not supported:
php.net/supported-versions.php

Our theme will not work correctly if you do not have the compatible PHP version. You may need to consider changing your hosting service provider as you will encounter multiple problems if you do not update the PHP to 5.6+ at least.

But we will try our best to work with you on your case to see if it will work. Kindly follow the validation process as mentioned here:

If you still have problems kindly consult with this troubleshooting document:

Thank you.

Hi there, thanks for your help - I was able to validate X and now it appears to be up and running. However, when I click on X > Launch I get a spinning circle - ie ‘loading’ I presume and it never goes away. I guessed this might be due to the PHOP version, but I am still waiting on an answer there as to when my webhost will move to the latest php. In the meantime, I am now on the following versions:
WordPress 4.8.4
PHP Version 5.5.17

Hi there,

Could you try it again? There was issue in your site’s wp-config.php and some config are placed after the require_once(ABSPATH . 'wp-settings.php'); and it triggers warnings. I went ahead and fixed it, but I couldn’t confirm if cornerstone loading is fixed since your provided credentials are no longer valid.

Thanks!

Thanks - I checked X and the same problem ! - but I have reset my login so please fell free to try again - even though I turned on debug I didn’t see any debug info when I attempted to launch X

Hey There,

I have tried to log in and the credentials is not working.
I am using this this:

Could you please double check it so that we can test the theme validation in your site?

Thanks.

Oh I’m sorry, try this:

Hello There,

I was able to logged in and the site is working perfectly. Both of the X panel and Cornerstone is working already.

Please clear your browser cache and test again.