Problems with search page

hi there,

i have 3 problems with the search page:

1. the line height or padding between lines is too big. this should be smaller.
    how can i archive this?

2. if there is a second site because the search results are that much the site navigations is on chrome on the right site centered in firefox on a weird place. how can this be on the bottom center of the page?

3. the color of the site navigation. how can i change it? color black, hover gold, active gold.

many thanks in advance (link in secure note)

cheers

Hi Harald,

Thanks for reaching out.

1. Please add this CSS to Theme Options > CSS
.search-results .entry-title {
    line-height: 0.6 !important;
}
  1. Would you mind clarifying what’s the issue again? If you’re referring to the navigation, it’s centered on chrome. If you’re referring to the alignment of navigation versus the grid then it’s correctly aligned on the center. It only creates an illusion of not being aligned due to the length of the product title.

2. You should able to change that through your menu setting. Example,

The first color option is for normal and idle color, while the second is the interaction (hover and active) color. Please check more here https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/elements-button/10210. You can always see a pair of color options everywhere, and they are usually used for idle and interaction status of that element.

Thanks!

hi,

the first css code worked perfectly thanks for that!
sorry i did not point it out correctly.what i mean :slight_smile:on the site search the navigation throuh the sites (pagination is on strange places. on firefox it appears on the right side?
is it possible to move that to the botoom centeR? it is also weird on crhome!

also the color of hover and the main color is wrong how can i change that?
thanks in advance

Hey Harald,

This issue should not have happened. This can be a result of your custom css added in displaying the grid items. Anyways, to resolve this issue, simply add this css code as well:

body .x-pagination {
    clear: both;
}

I can see that you are using PageSpeed and other caching plugin. Please do not forget to clear all your caches and your browser too before testing your search results page again.

hi!

that worked perfect!

thanks again

You’re welcome!
Thanks for letting us know that it has worked for you.

:slight_smile:
one more question, why its showing me 10 results so 1 result is on the last line with just one entry and then i have to switch to the second page?
it should only show 9 results per page, that would be great

thanks again

Hey Harald,

By default, WordPress will display 10 posts or products in the blog index, category, archive or the search results. Since you have 3 columns, normally the last one will have no other pair. If you want to change the number of post items in the search results, you will need to go to Settings > Reading > Blog pages show at most. You can set it to 9 so that only 3 x 3 column grid will display in your blog index, archives and search results page.

Hope this helps.

big thanks!
sometimes it is that easy!
thanks again

You are most welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.