Problem With Menu

Hi there,

Ah, you mean that’s when that CSS is added, the 3rd level menu is not opening? That’s not really going to work, this overflow-y: scroll means it will only add vertical-scrollbar, the rest will be hidden. Plus, this .desktop .sub-menu means apply the styling to sub-menus regardless of level, hence, since it’s also applied to the second level, then the 3rd level will be hidden due to overflow-y: scroll of the second level. In summary, if you follow the logic/pattern of that CSS, it will not really display the 3rd level menu.

Perhaps you can provide a URL where this menu is working with that CSS?

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

I havent said that it was inside that 3rd line. The scroll code was for the “Treatments” tab of the menu where the number of items in the menu is longer and where on some screen sizes you cant see the whole list for threatements.

The menu slider is working on the “Treatments” tab on http://www.spineplus-chigwell.co.uk/ when you reduce the screen size down so you cant see the full list of treatments.

Kind Regards

Mario

Hi there,

I know, but your CSS affects all menu levels, hence, the issue started in the second level affecting the 3rd, so thus 4th and so on. What I’m saying is, your CSS itself is the issue, which makes me wonder, how does it work before when itself is faulty?

And thanks for providing another information, it’s very helpful. It’s the Treatments that you wish your CSS be applied for, right on the spot. I was confused about what’s not opening or not appearing :slight_smile:

The CSS you need is this to prevent it from affecting other menu levels.

.desktop #menu-item-10406 .sub-menu {
max-height: calc(100vh - 80px);
overflow-y: scroll;
}

Hope this helps.

Hi Rad,

Thanks for that. I have added it to the site and its not fixed it. There is no slide bar.

For now i have added the clinics to the sub menu as the site needs to be live.

Can you advise anything else to fix the slider issue?

Thanks again

Mario

Hi there,

The CSS works okay and tested, but will only work for Treatments. But I checked your site and yes I see what you mean and it targets both Treatments and About Us. How about staying on that setup since it works? That’s because it’s only good for 2 level menu. And it’s not gonna work on 3rd levels such as Our Clinics.

In summary, it’s not doable in the 3rd level menu (second sub-menu).

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

Sorry i dont know what you mean youre saying things i dont understand. The reason its working now is because it has the old code in it, as i need the site working today as its a very busy week for the clinic as you can imagine. With the new code you sent me it didnt work so i had to rearrange the menu but i would prefer not to have it that way.

Kind Regards

Mario

Hi Rad,

Also can you advise what may be wrong on this page as the content has all shifted to the left?

http://www.spineplus-chigwell.co.uk/

I have checked the template and the page settings but i cant see anything wrong with it to make such a change.

Thanks

Mario

Hi there,

The problem is simple here, you either can have that scrolling effect or the submenu in clinics. You can not have both. So you’d better decide to show the menus for the clinic in another way than having another submenu for the clinic.

The scroll code prevents any other sub-menus inside the main sub-menu.

Thank you for your understanding.

Please kindly do not add additional questions in the same thread as it prevents us to give you a quality support as we need to read all through the top to bottom to finally see the issue is completely different.

For each additional question kindly open up a separate thread and we will be more than happy to give you support with the focus to the matter.

Thank you.

Hi there,

It works now because there is no 3rd level menu which was the Our Clinics. Please check the provided screenshots :slight_smile:

What I’m saying is, your CSS doesn’t work on the 3rd level menu, of course, it will work now because there is no 3rd level menu like Our Clinics.

Please compare it from the previous screenshots. I think it’s best to provide visual guide :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi There Christopher,

I only want one menu to scroll, thats all i have been asking for. Its the treatments menu i would like to scroll. The Our Clinics doesnt need to scroll as there isnt enough pages that require it to scroll.

Thanks

Mario

Hi Rad,

Not sure what site you are looking at as i have changed the menu and you seem to be looking at a cached copy. The old code has been placed back on the site, as the code you sent didnt work. I change the menu there is no 3rd menu for the our clinics as the all appear in the second menu.

As you can see from the screenshots, i am seeing something different to you at the moment.

Many thanks

Mario

I checked your website and the Our Clinics does not have any submenu at all rendered in the HTML:

So at the moment even if we can isolate the code for that specific menu it will have no use. Kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your website using the Secure Note to check ourselves how you added the submenus of the Our Clinics and test the case first hand.

Thank you.

Hi Christopher,

I’m not sure if we are talking at different ends, and i am not totally sure what you mean but as i have explained in my previous messages i have previously had to remove the submenu or 3rd level menu for Our Clinics from the site so that customers can access the pages for the clinics. What you in the screen shots you sent me is what i have had to create this morning so customers could access the pages for those clinics.

I have now just reset it to what it was, and i will leave the old code that was supplied previously by a support team member. So what you will see now is the issue that i reported originally. See Image Attached.

To reiterate what it is i would like to achieve is:

1, for the Treatments menu only to have a slider so users with smaller screens can see the full menu items
2, to be able to access the 3rd level or sub menu (i am not sure what its called) within the About Us - Our Clinics Option , where there should be the pages Spineplus Chigwell, Spineplus Bow, Spineplus Harley Street and Spineplus Waterloo. No slider required on any of these pages or within the About Us or Our Clinics Menu.

At present (now i have reset the menu to what it was originally) when i go to About Us and then down to Our Clinics as you can see in the screen shot attached, when i go to Our Clinics the menu wont expand to show the 4 pages within that section of menu.

Hope this makes sense. But let me know if it doesnt.

Kind Regards

Mario

Hi there,

What we’re saying is, it’s not doable on the menu with 3rd level (second sub-menu).

but as i have explained in my previous messages i have previously had to remove the submenu or 3rd level menu for Our Clinics from the site so that customers can access the pages for the clinics.

That’s why it works because you removed the 3rd level menu (sub-menu) under Our Clinics.

Yes, you must reset the menu to the original since it’s not gonna work on the 3rd level menu (sub-menu). It’s not doable since adding scroll-bar only hides the overflowing elements like the 3rd level menu (second sub-menu).

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

I dont have a clue what you mean! You have confused me, when i know it worked once when the code was originally provided to me.

You say when i removed the 3rd Level menu it worked, thats just it its not working as i have had to change the menu structure from what it was originally when it worked.

If it worked once when i added the code after it was supplied to me in this message: on 7th Jul

Jul 7
Hi Support,

I am having an issue with a couple of things, and would really appreciate your support.

Problem 1 is that on the site http://www.spineplus-chigwell.co.uk/3 the treatments menu has many items on it and in some screen sizes and also in safri the menu gets cut off, and you can scroll to see the last items. How can i fix this? I have spoken to the client and they dont want to change it that much, so being able to scroll on it would be awesome.

Problem 2 is on my site PTTC e Learning. I am trying to add a static description to the items on the home page with a text description underneath the product. But i cant remove the spacing between the image and the text below. Can you advise please?

Thanks as always.

Mario

RueNel Staff
Jul 8
Hello Mario,

Thanks for writing in!

1.) Your sub menu is way too long. We need to control the maximum height of the submenu and also apply a scroll to any overflowing content. To resolve this, please add the following CSS code in the X > Launch > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r1)

.desktop .sub-menu {
}
2.) Could you please provide the url of the PTTC e learning site first?

Thank you.

Can you explain why that may be, as i am confused beyond belief? If i hadnt seen it work then i could understand that, but i have seen it work, and then 3rd Level vs Sub Menu has my head spinning!

Kind Regards

Mario

Hi Mario,

That problem is that code doesn’t work if you have 3 level menu.

Kindly change it to this.

.desktop li.menu-item-8974 .sub-menu {
}

That way it will only affect your treatment menu which you need to have the scroll enabled.

Hope that helps.

Hi Paul,

You are an absolute star, you saved me as i thought i was going mad after my previous conversations.

Thank you so much!!

All the best

Mario

You’re most welcome, Mario. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.