Problem with headers

hi,

i have a home header and different headers for different sites.
because my home header is 2 bars and i want a background image that covers all 2 bars i had to insert some code i got from you in the theme options css:
.x-masthead {
background-image: url(https://image.com/image.jpg);
background-size: cover;
}

now i set different images to the other headers.
it is all working, but i got some strange “loading” times and slices on all other headers except the home header.

is there something i can do? because this is not really great…

many thanks!

Hello Harald,

Thanks for writing in!

The background image takes a little longer to load depending on its file size. The smaller the file size, the faster it loads. Of course smaller images will have a lesser image quality than bigger ones. I would recommend that you just install a 3rd party page loader plugin so that there will be a loader for the entire page and when all the page resources like the images has been loaded, it will display smoothly.

Perhaps these might help:

hm,

okay my header images are around 110kb big. that is not really big. i am on a 200mbit line, my staging server is also fast.
i think that should not be that problem?
i added a loading page plugin, it is ok but i never had such problem before… all other pictures (content) is instantly loaded?

thanks again :slight_smile:

Hi,

I checked but could not tell the difference since you already have installed a loading page plugin.

We do have an article on how to improve site loading times and performance. This will help a lot in addition to making your images smaller.

Kindly refer to the link below.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.