Problem with Cornerstone

Hi,
i bought the cornerstone plugin. At the beginning i had no problem to edit pages, but now i get this error:
“Uh oh!
An unidentifiable error is preventing the live preview from loading. Switching to Skeleton Mode.”

How can i fix it?
Thanks
Nacho

Hi there,

It can be caused by several reasons which you need to rule out one by one for your environment. Please kindly follow the steps mentioned in the article below:

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/popular-questions/204

In addition please make sure that the PHP memory limit is enough to operate the website and the theme. To change the PHP memory limit please kindly read the article below:

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-customizer/196 (Not Working or Showing a White Screen section.)

​You may need to contact your hosting service provider for some of the steps mentioned above.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the URL/USER/PASS of your WordPress dashboard using the secure note functionality of the post to follow-up the case.

Thank you.

Hi Christopher, i have spoken with my hosting, i bought more GB but the hosting told me that this is not the problem. I put a secure note with URL, Username and pass. Can you please take a look and tell why cornerstone is not working?
Thanks
Nacho

Hi There,

I cannot even load your WordPress backend login URL and I’m getting a 502 bad gateway error which means something related to your server configuration.

Could you please ask your hosting provider to check your error logs to identify this issue.

Thanks!

Hi, my server was blocking access from outside Spain. Now i give access to the server from USA and UK. Can you try again, please? Or you can give me your IP address and i will give you access to your IP.
Thanks
Nacho

Hello There,

We would not recommend giving out IP address since most of our staff were working in different location. Please allow outside connection to your domain instead so that any of our staff on duty could check your site.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,
please tell me in which countries are your staff, i need to give access country by country. Now you can access from US, South America, Centre America and UK, do you need more countries?

Thanks

Hi there Nacho @Nachodelahera,

I’ve taken a look at the site and even on a fresh page the Cornerstone editor never loads. As you mentioned this was working can you let us know what recently changed on the site?

For example:

• A WordPress Plugin Update
  • A WordPress Theme Update
  • Adding a new Plugin
  • Changing Themes
  • A new Widget

In addition to rule out a Theme conflict can you please try switching to the Twenty Seventeen theme and see if Cornerstone still doesn’t work.

Thank you!

Hi Jack,
i switched to the Twenty Seventeen and now Cornerstone works. ¿It means that i can´t create my site with another theme? I must use Twenty Seventeen to run Cornerstone?

Thanks
Nacho

Hi Nacho,

Cornerstone comes free when using X theme because it is a required plugin. It will/should work as long as X theme is validated. For other themes we have to use/buy standalone Cornerstone plugin. If you have the standalone Cornerstone, feel free to use it with other themes.

Regarding your original issue with the plugin when using it with X theme, we need to check it. Unfortunately, I can’t access at the moment. Staff is available 24/7 but we are on different location. Now we know that the issue is theme related. We still need further investigation.