Pro theme - Pro menu items

Hi everybody,
I just made a new installation of Pro theme, everything works but the Pro menu. When clicked the Pro menu items (except validation and settings ) display ant 500 internal server error. i can’t say much, the message displayed suggest it could be something related to theme misconfiguration, a CGI error or something wtong with .htaccess.
What could I do?

p.s. I’m using the Pro child theme

Hi Dave,

Please follow this ticket:

If it doesn’t help, would you mind providing us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• Link login to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

Thanks.

After modifying wp-config.php I got this error Maximum execution time of 5 seconds exceeded in /home/mhd-01/www.spaziovillaggio.it/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/fast-velocity-minify/libs/matthiasmullie/minify/src/Minify.php on line 290 and disabling the Minify plugin I temporarily solved the problem. But what happenend and I could I fix it for ever?

Hello @MrDave,

You will need to increase the PHP maximum execution time limit.
Please check out this link:

Hope this helps.

Thanks RueNel,
I may sound dumb but with Pro theme I feel lost. I.e. I can’t find a way to add/delite menu items.
I have chosen a template header, made it global, and modified some layout details but when I go to “appereance --> menu” in Wp dashboard there’s no menu shown so I can’t delete/add any of the item.
What did I miss?

Hello @MrDave,

When I try to log in to your site, I am seeing this error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'wp_start_object_cache' (T_STRING) in /home/mhd-01/www.spaziovillaggio.it/htdocs/wp-settings.php on line 115

Could you please re install WordPress core? If nothing is helpful, please provide us your ftp login details so that we can investigate further.

Thanks.

Done.
I have modified wp-settings with
ini_set(‘max_execution_time’, 300);

Hey @MrDave,

All the menu you have in the header and footer builder is for demo and template purposes. You will still need to create your own menu in Appearance > Menu. I have checked it and you do not have any menu. Please create at least one menu.

Demo menus:

If this is your first time creating menus, please check out this codex overview first:

Hope this helps.

I think now everything is ok.

Great! It’s good to know that you are all set.
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

Hi staff,
now that I created a menu and added a few test pages how come that the menu displayed is the demo’s one?

Hey Dave,

You will need to choose the menu you created in Assign Menu.

Hope that helps.

Thank you very much, I think I understand it better, bit by bit.
I don’t get how to change icons associated with menu items

Icons for navigation elements are setup within the WordPress Admin > Appearance > Menus

Because there’s currently no graphical interface for the icons, you need to understand the icon code.

In case you’re interested to add a menu icon in X or Classic Header, you might also want to watch this:

Hope that helps.

Wow, thamks. I’ll study all the video you gave me :slight_smile:

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.