Pro: Navigation menu on footer: want submenus visible (no dropdown)

Hi,

I’m creating a footer in which I’m inserting a menu. The menu has subitems. I want these sub items to be visible at all times without the use of dropdowns. Can’t figure where the option would be… is there an option or should I do custom css for it?

Thanks,

Charles

Hello @_charles,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

You will have to use CSS to showcase submenu all the time. Please try out the solution mentioned in following thread and see how it goes.

Thanks.

Hello @Prasant,

Thank you. I tried however there is no change in the behavior. Note that I have Pro, not X. So I went to Pro > Options > Css.

Also I’m using a child theme so I added your code to the stylesheet of my child theme, but I don’t see any change.

Thank you for your input. Do you have any other solution?

Also strangely I am “whatching” this post however I didn’t received a notification of answer. Checked my spam and everything and I didn’t receive a notification…

Hi again,

Can you please share the URL of your site so we can take a look?

Thanks!

Yes of course, here it is:

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the url of your site. If you want to disable the submenu, do you want the sub menu items inline with the parent menu items? If that is the case, please create a separate menu for the footer where there is no sub menu items. The only alignment of the menu items is only inline. You can go to Appearance > Menus to create and assign a new menu for the footer.

Hope this make sense.

I’m not sure I understand. What I want is something like this:

CANDIDAT EMPLOYEUR ETC…
Avantages Avantages
Créer un profil Crérer un compte
etc… etc.

So that all the sub items are always visible. What I understand from your suggestion is that I create another menu without the subitems. That would not give me the above result I think?

Thank you.

Hi Charles,

We do not have any element that will give you that feature. I suggest an alternative way which might give you something similar the way you want:

1. Go to Appearance > Sidebars and add a new sidebar. For more information click here.
  2. Go to Appearance > Widgets and add the Navigation Menu widget to the sidebar you created in the previous step. In the Navigation Menu options select the menu you want to show in the footer.
  3. Go to Pro > Footers and select the footer and add the Widget Area element and set it to show the sidebar in question. For more information about Widget Area element click here.

The steps above will show the menu in a vertical way, the top menu items will be listed stacked and the sub-menu items below them with a little bit of indent.

Thank you.

Hello and thank you again for your help. However, this doesn’t give me the result which I need which is this:

Instead, it gives me something like this:

I understand though that I can style it in css. I just thought there could be a standard way to do this.

Hi Charles,

I am sorry to mention that it is not possible to have such a feature without the proper CSS styling in X.

The only thing that I can think of is that you consider not using the menu at all and have the links using the normal HTML UL LI tags to achieve the results you want.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.