Pro header template is full-width and I don't understand why

Hi,

I have recently started using Pro rather than X and am getting to grips with headers. For this particular site, I am trying to start with a template. However, every template loads as full-width, i.e. not in the standard 1200px container, which is how they all show in demo form and which is what I want. I have no idea how to contain it. Can you help?

Thanks, Sara

Hello @sarammog,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

You can change the width of Header from Bar > Dimension > Content Max Length and Container > Setup > max Width.

Thanks.

Thank you, but how do I make the 1200px width be centered in my container?

Hey @sarammog,

I’m sorry but I don’t understand what you want to achieve. You can center the Container in Bar by setting the Bar’s Flex Layout > Horizontal to Center.

It’s also important that your Container’s Self Flex > Preset is set to Standard

To understand how the options work, you need to know how Flexbox works. Please see our tutorial for more details. I’d also recommend that you see more tutorials in our Knowledge Base

Thanks.

Hi, I do understand all this, and I have done all this! That’s why I don’t understand why it’s not doing what I expect. I have built headers before using Pro, and I have used one of your standard templates, as well as tried one of my previous headers as a template, and it’s still filling the whole width of the screen, no matter what I change. That’s why i wondered whether it was a setting somewhere else that was overriding what i was doing in the Headers section?

Hello @sarammog,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I wanted to check your header and I am unable to access the same. Under Pro menu I only see Validation and Email Forms. I don’t see header and footer builder option. It seems that the Pro Theme is broken on your website. I also see another Pro Theme menu in the backend which has header and footer builder menu.

Along with that I don’t see many of the settings and options in Header builder editor. To me it seems that the installation is broken. In that regards I suggest you to first re-install Pro Theme properly and use the most recent version of Pro Theme.

To fix the broken installation, please refer following resources.

1. Version compatibility guide: To learn about the latest and compatible versions of bundled and supported plugins, please take a look at following doc:

2. Theme Update guide: Please take a look at following article to update Cornerstone.

3. Theme installation guide:

4. Please take a look at following doc about changelog:

https://theme.co/changelog/

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Thank you, I will try that.

Let us know how this goes!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.