Pro Email Plugin Mailchimp PHP Issue

Hi,

I recently ran into an issue with the Themeco Email plugin. The issue stems from the Mailchimp integration. Once I’ve entered in my correct Mailchimp api code, the Emails lists does not update. When I press the ‘refresh’ button I receive a white page with these PHP warnings:

PHP Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given in …\wp-content\plugins\tco-email-forms\email-mailchimp\functions\provider.php on line 176
PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in …\wp-content\plugins\tco-email-forms\email-mailchimp\functions\provider.php on line 272
PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in …\wp-content\plugins\tco-email-forms\email-mailchimp\functions\provider.php on line 300

I can’t get past the errors or refresh the page to skip the warnings.

Hi there,

Please kindly make sure that you do not use the old version of the extension. The new extension has the name of Email Forms and can be installed from Pro > Overview page. For more information:

The other point is that the warning you see should not prevent the plugin to work. This shows there should be a problem with settings somehow as the message you see is not a PHP Error and that is a PHP Warning. For more information about the PHP Warnings and the difference with errors kindly read this article:

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-warning-and-fatal-errors-in-PHP

I double checked the case in my installation and I have no problem integrating to Mailchimp. This shows a factor in your environment might cause this warning.

Make sure that your hosting service provider has the latest compatible version of the PHP it should be 5.6+ or 7.1+ :slight_smile:
http://php.net/supported-versions.php

Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.

Also, test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Thank you.

Hi,

This does not appear to be an Email Plugin update issue as I’m using the latest version. There are no updates available.
This does not appear to be a php version issue as I’m using php version 7.0.9.
This does not appear to be a plugin conflict issue as I’ve disabled all plugins except for the Email Plugin plugin and I still ran into the issue of my Mailchimp email list not populating.

Is the email plugin created by Theme.co? I would appreciate some more direct help.

Hey @Sandonws,

Thank you for checking your system and testing for plugin conflict. That is the first step in troubleshooting. Since it did not solve the issue, please give us WordPress admin and FTP access in a Secure Note so we could look closely.

Hi there,

Thanks for providing the admin login credentials. It looks like your site is unable to contact/connect to MailChimp server. Though, I like to confirm it through FTP error logs, would you mind providing your FTP login credentials as well?

Thanks!

Hi there,

I don’t see any issue with the connection, the API is validating correctly too with no other issues. Plus, there is no more white page upon refresh. Perhaps you can provide your Mailchimp access too? Have you tried different API?

Thanks!

Something must be wrong with the way the plugin validates mailchimp API keys.

I just disabled the original key I was using, and yet the plugin still says the API key is valid upon refresh.

I also created a new API through mailchimp and went through the verification process within the email plugin.
The plugin verified the API key as valid, but upon refresh of my lists none appear.

I can provide my mailchimp login, but it looks like something is not working with the plugin itself.

Hello There,

Please provide your Mailchimp credentials so that we can take a closer look. We still need to check this issue before we can confirm if this is a bug or a misconfiguration issue.

Thank you very much.

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the information. I have tested and investigated the issue and I can confirm that it is not working. I even created a new api and still nothing is working. This might be a bug in the latest release of the extensions. I’ve submitted this to our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Once our developers has fixed this, it will be updated and rolled out in the next release.

Thank you for your understanding.

Any news on this? My client really needs mailchimp newsletter functionality.

Hi there,

The case is added to the issue tracker, it may take weeks or month to have a fix regarding this and you should not depend on this at the current project. There is no ETA available and you need to find alternative plugins to do so.

I did a Google Search which might help you find the plugin suitable for your needs.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.