Pro Builder Preview Issues

Hi

I am really struggling to find an answer about the preview builder. I have read (i think) everything on this site about suggestions as to how to get the preview to show.

I am using WampServer64 for a local development with the plan to migrate it to my host once complete. Reading previous threads, I am running the latest PHP, increased memory to 512mb and 300s load time. Everytime before I load up my site, I clear the cache in Firefox (which is my browser of choice!)

Using the header / footer builder I managed to get the preview to work (albeit very intermittently). I am unable to get the preview to work when I try to build content. EVEN using the new templates in PRO I cannot get the preview to show (all elements are there just no preview)

Any help / pointers would be great, as what little hair I have is getting less each day!

Thanks in advance

Hey @Nodster,

Thanks for writing in. Have you tried these troubleshooting steps also?

1. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

2. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

3. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

If nothing helps, please move your dev site online and give us WP admin and FTP access in a Secure Note so we could see what’s happening and check the errors being generated.

Thanks.

HI Christian

Thanks for these tips, I’ll try them and get back to you.

Cam

Sure,

Let us know how this goes!

Thanks

Hi

I have removed all plugins,reset the htaccess file and created the permalinks as asked.

Initially it worked, however I cannot now see the layout / elements that I create. If i use the option at the side to see the ‘wireframe?’ design I see the elements but to go back into the builder preview there is nothing showing.

Any ideas, secure note attached.

Thanks

Thanks

Hi there,

It seems to be working on my end, any specific page that has this issue?

For the meantime, please add this line to your site’s wp-config.php just before the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ (I could do this but your FTP credentials in pointing to empty folder)

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Then test it again.

Thanks!

hi

There is still a problem is so much as when I first use the builder on a blank page it doesn’t show up any elements.

I need to create the outline in the ‘wireframe’ area, add elements, enter text (or similar) then save it. REload the page and it works after that.

Am I doing something wrong initially, I’m not sure but the above is what I had to follow to create the basic ‘about’ page

Hi There,

The editor is working fine for me too. I have created a test page with blank content and the editor works fine for that page.

Please confirm if you have the issue with any particular page?

Thanks

Nope

Still can’t get the elements to drag into the preview window to work on.

I have tried this into the Gallery page and nothing is showing. The only way I can get the elements to be added is to go into the wireframe layout and the side. Several attempts at saving later and it eventually works. I must be doing something wrong…but this is getting increasingly frustrating as I can’t get it to work.

Hi There,

I’m another staff and I can confirm the content builder is working fine on my end.

You can check the gallery page, I’ve added three elements to that page.

https://cahootsnoveltycakes.co.uk/wpDev/gallery/

I suggest you clear all browser caches, cookie, … and also try in the incognito mode.

Let us know how it goes!

I still cannot get this to work…

What am I doing wrong…I select edit (for example a blank page). If I create a simple section (with 1 column) it does not show up. I thereafter CANNOT drag any elements into it.

However IF i use the wireframe option I can select and drag elements but these do not show up in the preview area.

**** UPDATE - seems to work (ONCE!!) if I use the ‘edit with pro builder’ option in the pages (from the dashboard) - still doesn’t work if i go to the content builder via the pro (from dashboard) - weird ****

Hey @Nodster,

I see that it will work only if you’ll use the Edit with Pro link.

I see you’re using Pro 2.0.2. Please try updating to 2.0.4. If that does not help, please give us the correct FTP details. Right now, access leads to an empty site.

Thanks.

Hey @christian_y

I have upgraded and am still having the same trouble. It was pleasing to see from the screencast that I wasn’t being useless as you followed pretty much the same process as I did and got the same result.

I have attached a secure note with the FTP details again…if these don’t work I’ll give you the main account ones, giving you access to my whole site files.

Hi Nodster,

I’ve checked the video screencast created by my colleague Christian and I understand that when you click on “Pro > Edit this page” the preview isn’t loading, I’ve tried that now in this video screencast and I can see it’s working fine:

It could be a browser caching issue, please try to clear your browser cache, or try using Chrome incognito mode.

Thanks.

Hi @Alaa

Thanks for your attempt at help.

Here is my screen cast and you can see that no matter how i try to edit the page, I cannot get it to show in the preview window.

I have cleared my browser cache also

Hello there,

I’ve checked the error by clicking the Edit with Pro, as well as to Edit > Edit with Pro on About Us page. With it, I can confirm that there was no issue happening on your Cornerstone instance. Please check my video screencast.

By the way, the Youtube video screencast you’ve just shared is unavailable. Kindly check if the video has been blocked in the Philippines (my country). You can also re-upload the video as an alternative solution.

Thank you.

@jumar

Thanks for the reply. I have retried the video with different settings.

From your screen cast, it took you 4 mins to get it to work. Everything you tried at the beginning of your video is what happens to me ALL the time. You have two windows open trying to get it to work. The preview window didn’t work and you didn’t really explain (either in text or voice) what you did to get the preview window to load.

Clicking refresh several times, doesn’t solve the problem of the preview window NOT working everytime i use cornerstone.

What difference does using incognito (or private mode) make to cornerstone .

I apologise if i sound blunt but I am getting increasingly frustrated.

We’re sorry that you’re frustrated. I couldn’t login using the new FTP credentials (see Secure Note). Please check.

To your question:

It ensures that no cache is loaded

Thanks.

@christian_y

Did the screen cast work this time and you can see the problems that I am having.

Thanks

Hi Nodster,

We understand how frustrating this issue is, the thing is it seems to be intermittent. I managed to reproduce it once while refreshing the Cornerstone page several times. Could you please increase these values in cPanel or ask your hosting providing to increase them for you:

max_execution_time to 120 or above
post_max_size to 64 or above

I’ve installed “wp-serverinfo” plugin on your website so you can double check if these values are modified or not.

Additionally, I can see that your server is running Litespeed, it could be that Litespeed is configured to kill scripts after running for a certain amount of time, I’ve added this snippet into “.htaccess” file to prevent that:

# BEGIN litespeed noabort

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule .* - [E=noabort:1]

# END litespeed noabort

For me, it’s working fine now after reloading the page several times and after clicking “Edit” page from different locations, however, please give it a try after increasing the values I mentioned above and confirmed they are increased using wp-serverinfo plugin.

Thanks.