Pro account questions

Hi There,

I have a couple of questions that I can’t seem to solve.

• When I place a button and an image into a classic column, the two things are in line. I would like to place them on top of each other (button on the top and image below).

• Classic column height: is it possible to set the classic column minimum height to the same size as the width of the column? I would like to achieve the tile look with different colored tiles (please see eflworld.com - this is the site that I am talking about). I would like the height of the green and red column to be the same as the width (and center the content to the middle vertically and horizontaly).

• Footnote: How can I change the text space between the text lines? It is fine when I hit “enter” but when the i.e. sentence is long and It flows to the next line, the spacing between the lines are minimal. - the Contacts and Accreditation side of the footnote (eflworld.com)

• Footnote links: how can I change the footnote links color? In the main theme it is blue but in the footnote, I would like this to be dark grey and lighter gray plus underline when hover over it. I tried class CSS but it seems to affect all links on the page, not just the footnote links (even when I “id” them)

Many thanks!
Steven

Hey Steven,

Please add a gap element between the button and the image:

This feature is not available in X and Pro as it would be tricky to implement since the height of a column depends on the contents in it and the height changes in different screens. It could be possible with custom development, but this would be outside the scope of support we can offer. You may wish to consult a developer to assist you with this. Pro is quite extensible with child themes, so there are plenty of possibilities.

Please edit the text element settings and increase the line height set to it.

Please add this code to the Element CSS of the bar that contains the footer elements:

$el a {
      color: #ccc !important;
 }

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Perfect! Thank you so much! All good apart from the footer link CSS.

The link color CSS doesn’t work. Do you happen to have any other suggestions? If I leave the $el out, the code works but affects all links on the site, not only the link in the footer.

Hello Steven,

If you need to change the color of the links in a text area, you use this code:

$el a {
  // your styling here
}

$el a:hover {
  // your styling here
}

If you want change the link color globally, you will need to go to X > Theme Options > Typography > Site Links.

Hope this helps.

Hm… for some reason it doesn’t work. The code I put in is correct as if I remove the $el, it has the affect on the overall design but with the $el, it just doesn’t work in the footer section. Any ideas why? Many thanks!

Hi Steven,

I have tested the above provided code on my test site and I can confirm that it’s functioning as expected.

You may have other custom CSS rules which conflicts with this CSS or you may have incorrect custom CSS rules. Copy all of your custom CSS rules into an online tool like CSS Lint (http://csslint.net/) and see if you’re getting any CSS errors. If you see any errors, you need to fix them, so that your CSS will be parse correctly.

If you’re still having issues, please provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.