Pro Access to Headers, Content and Footers Don't Work

Hello, we just upgraded from X to Pro today because we need to customise headers for our site.

We have uploaded the Pro theme, activated and created child. When we select Launch we get the menu but if we select either Header, Content or Footer a Green bar moves across the top to the right-hand side suggesting something is loading but nothing does.

I tried it with another browser Chrome instead of Firefox but the same result.

Can someone please suggest what may be wrong?

Hey there,

Check permalink structure, Set it to post name and check.
Can you give a try by adding this in your wp-config.php located at the root directory of your site?

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line

/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Please share your wp-admin and FTP login credentials if above trick fails.

Regards

@rahul
Thanks for the prompt support, which I followed and ended up being locked out of Wordpress with 403 error.
The only I got around this was to delete .htaccess file, disable ALL plugins and then I could log in.
Re-created Permalinks again and now header and footer menus work.

I was unable to increase memory limits as suggested because the servers that run our site is shared and won’t allow it.

Hey There,

Yes shared hosting won’t allow it. Are you now able to edit header and footer in your website?

Regards

Yes Rahul, as I mentioned in my reply, I can now access header and footer header, which has raised another issue.

The header doesn’t resize correctly when you view a web page on a different screen resolution. Here is what I see on my PC:

My colleagues see everything shift to the right with the logo starting above the word ‘Brands’.

We have to be able to accommodate our customers using different devices, browsers and screen resolutions and it MUST look the site must scale accordingly.
Our development web site address is (http://sdukdev.beechdev.co.uk/).

Can you help with this please?

Hi There,

That is happening because of your design.

I would highly recommend you to have the logo only as an image, and have the other information using a text element. which inclusively you can make your telephone clickable.

Beside that you need to hide the elements according to the screen size, as you did with your inline element and add the modal navigation for mobile as well.

Hope it helps

@Joao
Thank you for the explanation, it made it a bit clearer. But now I need to justify the two containers in Bar 1 so that the image lines up on its left side with the left content below header and the text lines up on its right side with the content below it. When changing screen size this alignment needs to always occur.
www.sdukdev.beechdev.co.uk

I’ve tried margins and padding on each element, container and bar but can’t achieve the look required.

Can you advise please?

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! When the screen gets smaller, the space isn’t enough for your image and the header and text lines. I would recommend that you create another bar container which will have a different layout and this layout would cater the smaller screens. You can then hide/show each of the bar by using the visibility option in the customize tab.

Hope this helps.

Hello,
No that didn’t really help, maybe I explained my problem incorrectly.

I need to know how to line something like a logo up in the header so that it lines up correctly with the content in main body.
Basically how do I set the absolute position of a header element?

Hello There,

Thank you for the clarifications. To line up the logo in the header so that it lines up correctly with the content in the main body, please set a maximum width in your bar container.

Hope this helps.

Thank you that helped!

But I am now getting the following message when I try and modify any content page:

Any idea and what I have done wrong?

Hi there,

Would you please kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard to follow up the case and check why the conflict is there. You will need to use the secure note functionality of the post to add your login information.

Also, there are some possibilities regarding this area which I want to tackle before getting to the real WordPress dashboard:

1. Contact your hosting service provider and ask them to exclude your website builder URL from the mode security settings:
  1. Turn off any kind of cash plug-in that you have and clear all the caches also if you use any performance services such as CloudFlare please kindly check the guide below:

https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

1. kindly check the guide below and follow up the steps mentioned there:

Thank you.

Hi, unfortunately our site is hosted on a shared server and we are unable to access modsec settings.

The issue only happens on one page currently and this is the Woocommerce portfolio products page:
http://sdukdev.beechdev.co.uk/portfolio/

Maybe it’s some conflict between X Pro and Woocommerce?!?

Also we do not use Cloudflare or any Cache plugins.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Are you trying to edit this page; http://sdukdev.beechdev.co.uk/portfolio/ in Cornerstone? Regretfully you cannot edit this in Cornerstone because it is using the Layout - Portfolio page template. Please keep in mind that you can edit the blog index, archive pages (category or tag pages) and any page which is using the Layout - Portfolio page template because there is no content area for these pages. The contents of these pages were dynamically generated by WordPress and the layout is relying heavily on the template styling for the page.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.