Primary Menu Item behaviour

Hi support Team,

in an erlier thread I was looking for a way to make the whole primary menu item klickable to show the secondary items.
I used this code:

#x-nav-wrap-mobile .x-sub-toggle {
                width: 100%;
                text-align: right;
                z-index: 999999;
        }

.x-navbar .desktop .x-nav li>a>span:after {
    content: none;
}
.x-sub-toggle .x-icon-angle-double-down {
display:none;
}

this worked well, but now the links to the site behind the primary menu items do not work.
Is there a way to maintain that funktion for example if you klick again?

thanks

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, I want to check your menu but there are multiple sites on your account. Please provide us the site URL so we can take a closer look.

In the meantime, try reducing this z-index: 999999; value. Make it lesser than the z-index of the bar.

Cheers!

here you go

Hey @blueprint,

The menu behavior you want (click parent menu to open submenu then click again to open the parent link) is neither offered in X nor Pro but is possible using UberMenu out of the box (see https://youtu.be/jwvvc3_-MUE). I’d recommend that you use UberMenu.

Please also note that we do not support issues coming from custom code. We show custom code here to serve only as a guide. They were not meant to be supported, maintained or enhanced by us. It’s outside the scope of our support. Please see our Terms.

Thanks.

Thank you for your advice. I understand that these customisations are limited.
I’d still like to try your suggestion with the z-index. With bar do you mean the Navbar? And where do I find the z-index falue of that bar?

Thanks!

Hello @blueprint,

Sorry for the confusion. @friech assumed that you are using Pro theme. Bar settings, z-indexes of the bar and the navigation inline elements does not apply to X theme’s default navbar. I would recommend that you follow @Christian’s suggestion to use Ubermenu. You can install it by going to X > Validation > Extensions. To know more about how you can get started with UberMenu, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-ubermenu/75

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.