Posts page loading Rev Slider images when there is no slider on the page

Hi, I have a posts page: https://cityoflakewood.dream.press/category/city-news/city-managers-weekly-bulletin/ that is a bit on the slow side for loading (45/100 on Google’s PageSpeed Insights.)

The weird thing is that PageSpeed Insights is showing some large image downloads causing some of the slowdown, but those images are from a revolution slider that only exists on our home page: https://cityoflakewood.dream.press and is not on the posts page and I am not running a caching plugins.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

Can you specify the large image that shouldn’t e loading on that page.

I checked that page and I get a score of 85

You need to install a cache plugin and optimize your images to imrpove your score.

Please refer to the link below for your guide.

Hope that helps

Wow, an 80? I just checked again and I got a 40/100. So I do know we need a cache plugin and we have been re-optimizing pictures a lot (and I know we have more since this new site being built be three people, one of which did not optimize anything when uploading.)

The report is showing it’s trying to load the following images:

hxxps://cityoflakewood.dream.press/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Summerfest_2017_1.jpg
hxxps://cityoflakewood.dream.press/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Farmers_Market_Opening_2017.jpg
hxxps://cityoflakewood.dream.press/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/AmericanLakeOct2017-1.jpg

and those should only exist in the Rev slider that sits on the home page, not on this posts page. If you look at the HTML there is Rev slider code there and I’m not sure why? Is there a chance that XTheme’s category post pages load up a widget and then hides it?

Hi,

The slider is in your sidebar which you hide using the code below

.archive.category .x-sidebar {
    display: none;
}

Please remove that code, you can make your archive page Full Width under Theme Options > Blog

Thanks

Thanks Much Paul!!!

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.