Portfolio Sidebar in Integrity

Hello -
I am trying to add a sidebar to a Portfolio item (not the main Portfolio page) in the integrity layout. I have followed a few other support threads trying to figure out where to adjust the code, and I just can’t quite get it.

I’d like the sidebar to appear underneath the “Share This Project” section, for aesthetic reasons.

I made a copy of framework/views/integrity/content-portfolio.php and place it in x-child/framework/views/integrity. Then I added this line:
<?php get_sidebar(); ?>
just underneath the existing line:
<?php x_portfolio_item_social(); ?>

However, that didn’t quite get it.

My global layout is content left, sidebar right.

Can you please point me in the right direction? I feel like it is something to do with the fact that Integrity’s portfolio is designed to be full-width, but I’m not sure how to tell it to accept a sidebar.
Thanks!

Additional info: I’ve gotten a little further - feel like I’m almost there…

I added code to my child theme’s functions.php file as specified here:

changing the section for a portfolio item to “content-sidebar”

and I also added code to functions.php as specified here:

to retrieve a custom sidebar.

These things appear to be working, but the layout is off. Please see https://newsite.patrickandcompany.com/vendor/archipelago-botanicals/
for my example. You can see that the “Our Vendors” section, underneath the Share options, is taking up the right third of the section. (Which seems due to the “content-sidebar” specification). I would like for the sidebar to take up the same width as the Share div.

Thanks!

Hello There,

Thanks for posting in and the very detailed post information.

To resolve this, please add the following CSS code in the X > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r)

.single-x-portfolio .x-sidebar {
    width: 100% !important;
}

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

Thanks for the reply. While I was waiting, I actually had figured out the same answer. I feel validated! :slight_smile: This is my 15th or so X license, so it’s good to feel like I know what’s going on.

You’re welcome.

Glad to hear you’re understanding our theme more. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.