Portfolio Item

Hi,

I’m trying to sort out my portfolio pages. At the moment they have a featured image, some text under that. And then another column with a ‘share this project’ box.

I’ve uploaded an image of the kinda thing I want to get to: https://i.imgur.com/h01jtUj.png

I don’t need the share box, how do I replace it with other content? I also need the page to return to full width content once the portfolio items info is done.

I know I could make all these pages as normal pages but it would be easier to keep them in portfolio as I want to use The Grid to display them on my portfolio.

Now, this is something I could throw together in Visual Composer in about 3 minutes. I can’t believe this theme would have such a flexible header system and then such an inflexible portfolio item design.

I must be overlooking / doing something wrong…

Any help would be fantastic!

Hello @dragnim,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

To remove social icons and in place of that to display separate content along with the same the layout you have shared in screenshot will require custom development work which falls outside the scope of support we can offer. Portfolio pages used separate templates and in the portfolio page you have the option of using Cornerstone but to it’s limited to editing the content area.

However, if you would like to customize the portfolio output page then you need to make the necessary changes in content-portfolio.php file under /wp-content/themes/x/framework/views/renew/. Before making any changes, please make sure to install and setup child theme from following resource. After setting up the child theme, copy content-portfolio.php file under /wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/views/renew/. You will have to create necessary child folders. Over here I have taken the example of Renew stack. Please paste the file under appropriate stack folder that you are using on the website.

https://theme.co/apex/child-themes

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.