Portfolio Issues - Integrity - X Theme

Hello I am having a few issues with portfolios and am wasting way too much time trying to figure out solutions…

I am trying to add an image and some introductory text above the portfolio layout.

So https://kilura.com/our-destinations/

should follow the same format as https://kilura.com/destination-choice-service/ with an image, the green background and text appearing above the “Sort Destinations” button can you please advise how to do this?

Also I want to make each portfolio item full width (to match the formatting of the other pages in the site, and to remove the author credit from each individual item.

I’m fairly adept with php, js and css so modifying files etc isn’t an issue I just don’t want to be floundering around and change something I shouldn’t.

Can you please advise how to accomplish this.

Thanks.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for writing in, while that is outside the scope of support, I could point you in the right direction with the understanding that it would ultimately be your responsibility to take it from here.

First, you need to create the content as a Global Block, navigate to PRO > Global Blocks, after that take note of the shortcode of that Global Block content.

Then add this to your child theme’s functions.php file.

/*add something on the a page*/
function custom_content() { 
  if (is_page(195)) { 
   echo do_shortcode( 'YOUR GLOBAL BLOCK SHORTCODE HERE' );
  } 
}
add_action('x_before_view_integrity__landmark-header','custom_content', 9999);

There are two things that you need to change here, first is the 195 you need to replace that with the page ID of your portfolio page.

How To Locate Page/Post IDs

Second is the YOUR GLOBAL BLOCK SHORTCODE HERE, you need to replace that with your actual shortcode.

Regarding the portfolio items, it’s powered by the content-portfolio.php template file which is located in the stack’s folder. For example, /pro/framework/views/integrity. You can override it by following this guide.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

That’s great thanks that has solved half the problem, how do I remove the boxed layout / inner container from the portfolio items though?

Hi Stephen,

Please add this code in the Global CSS:

.single-x-portfolio .x-container.max.offset {
    max-width: 100%;
    width: 100%;
}

Hope this helps.

Hi Jade, that’s great, is there any way that I can stop the featured image from stretching to full width after implementing this? Alternatively can I do something similar to what was suggested in the first reply to add a global block or something on top of the portfolio items? Thanks

Hi Stephen,

You can change that CSS to this

.single-x-portfolio .x-container.max.offset {
    max-width: 100%;
    width: 100%;
}

single-x-portfolio .has-post-thumbnail img {
max-width:  1200px;
width: 88%;
display: block;
margin: 0 auto;
}

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.