Polylang Language Code in URL breaks Pro Builder

We are having issues editing pages, that have a URL rewrite by Polylang multi-langauge plugin.
Pages like “/contact” are fine but pages like “/de/kontakt” do get the following error when trying to edit with Pro Page builder:

The preview could not load due to the iframe response being incomplete. This is most often related to a plugin conflict, or customizations introducing a PHP error.
Origin URL: domain.de
Preview URL: domain.de/kontakt/

The normal wordpress edit page is showing me the following URL for the page: domain.de/de/kontakt/
From my testing the issue is only appearing on pages that do have a URL rewrite. When I deactivate the URL rewrite in the Polylang settings the same page is editable again.

Wordpress Version: 4.9.9
Pro Version: 2.6.4
Polylang Version: 2.5

Polylang has more then 400.000 active installs and is the main plugin for wordpress multilanguage sites. I do see all the posts in the forum regards Polylang problems and I’m pretty disappointed that you still does not treat is as a priority to include it in your tests. I would even understand if you just test it, and if it breaks put a note in our changelog so we know there is an issue.

Thanks for looking into it.

Found there open issues with no response:

Hello Laszlo,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Polylang integration is in our issue tracker as feature request. However, as Polyland is not completely integrated it may or may not work when compared with WPML. Having said that, would like to let you know that all strings are translatable.

Thanks.

Hello Prasant, thanks for you reply.

It seems to me that your answer is not related to my questions.
I do understand that some features are not compatible, but that pages are not editable by cornerstone is a major issue.

Thanks for your help.

Hi @laszlo,

Yes, and because it’s not fully integrated/compatible, that error usually appears depends on the plugin configuration/setup. It may work, but sometimes may not.

And based on your screenshot, there is an error related to currentURL originating from content_script_bundle.js which is not part of the builder. It could be from other plugins or from polylang itself, which makes it incompatible on this specific setup. You could also try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

I also recommend providing your site’s URL and admin login credentials in a secure note and we’ll further check it. But I can’t guarantee any workaround, but we can add this to our issue tracker.

Let us know how it goes!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.