Polylang Cornerstone conflict

Hi,

Polylang Cornerstone conflict

I’ve seen posts from 2017 about it, tested the workaround solution and it’s not working. Is there any news on this conflict?

thanks

Hello Gustavo,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please provide the thread url and your issue as well so that we can check out?

Regards.

Hi, I was trying to find again the thread but I couldn’t.

The moment I turn on duolingo cornerstone fails when it tries to load any page.

Hi Gustavo,

What workaround solution have you implemented? Can you try the suggestion on this recent thread.

If the issue persist, and to help you better, please let us know what you did and the exact conflict you are having. Thank you.

Hi! Thanks!

I did that, but it keeps the same…As soon as I activate polylang cornerstone returns this, when I try to use it (on any page):

The preview could not load. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing. Checking the developer console for errors could indicate what went wrong.

Origin URL: http://fabbercorp.com

Preview URL: http://fabbercorp.com/language/es/impresoras-3d-de-gran-formato-impresion-3d-escaneo-3d/

Hello Gustavo,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

Please take a look at following threads and see if any of threads will fix the iframe preview issue on your end.

Thanks.

Hi,
I experimented both alone, not in combination and did’t work at all. But in any case, maybe I could have done the second one in the wrong file, so please confirm to me in which file should I put this code, and position inside the file if matters.

thanks,

Hello Gustavo,

Because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released.

After the child theme is set up, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

function remove_polylang_wpml_filter_from_cornerstone() {
  add_filter('wpml_active_languages', '_returnempty_array', 999 );
}

add_action( 'cornerstone_before_boot_app', 'remove_polylang_wpml_filter_from_cornerstone' );

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Hi,
Thanks, but that did not work. Maybe I’m doing something wrong or I’m running into another issue… Is it possible for you guys to take a look?

thanks

Hello Gustavo,

In that case, please provide us with the admin and FTP access to your site in a Secure Note:

I’ve saved the securtiry note. I created a special user for it, let me know if it works, please.

Hi Gustavo,

Could you try it again? It’s now loading on my end. These are the settings that worked (the setting wasn’t the same as recommended by Prasant).

And I turned these off as the template being served doesn’t include CORNERSTONE_FRAME placeholder.

Thanks!

Hi,Thanks, that’s a progress! However it’s partially working. If you take a look at the menu now it’s gone ans says “assign menu”… probably an easy issue to solve, but still it’s an issue.

Hi Gustavo,

To assign a menu, please navigate to Appearance > Menus > Manage Locations

WordPress Menu User Guide

Cheers!

Thanks and sorry for the so basic question about the menu.
I guess everything is fine now. Thanks everyone!

You’re always welcome Gustavo!

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.