Plugins seem to move to MEC and/or Main sidebar on their own

In Reference to - MEC Event Details/Single Event Page - post. Thanks for letting me know to start a new ticket on this issue. I have added the secure note here with logon credentials.

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

Would you mind providing the URL of previous thread? I checked your profile and I can’t find it. Or perhaps, please provide more information about MEC and Sidebar. What would you like to do with it?

Thanks!

Sure Rad. Here you go. https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/mec-event-details-single-event-page/23529 My issue seemed similar to this posting. For some strange reason, about half of my plugins seem to mysteriously move to either thee MEC or Main sidebar. I have left these plugins in those two sidebars in hopes it might shed light on the situation. Every time I set those plugins back to their assigned custom sidebars, they find their way back into the MEC or Main sidebar.

Thanks for having a look.

Dave

Hello Dave,

I have logged in and I can see that there are several widgets added in the sidebar area.

Could you please tell us which plugin is it?

Thank you in advance.

Hi RueNei. I typically have one or two in the main sidebar and to date (just an hour ago) added one - MEC Single Sidebar Items to the MEC sidebar. My issue is that something seems to “trigger” the rest of the plugins shown in both these sidebars to "migrate from their assigned sidebars, to the MEC of Main sidebars. I have not traced any console errors to this behavior other than in reference to the “un-determined” js. error when I try to edit a FormidablePro form per ticket/post - https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/jquery-error-on-page-using-formidablepro-form-view/23906/7 - so far no response to my follow-up with FormidablePro and not sure these are related at all.

Something is causing the plugins to move “migrate” from their assigned sidebars to either the MEC Sidebar And/Or to the Main Sidebar. I have re-assigned all “migrated” plugins back to their assigned sidebars and will try to identify a “triggering” causation.

Hope this helps clarify. One of your colleagues set up a test page on the site - X Support Test - to troubleshoot the referenced post. Let me monitor for a few hours and see I can get more specific as to the causation.

Thanks for your help thus far.

Hey There,

You are the first one to report something like this with MEC. This could be caused by a 3rd party plugin. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue still exist, please re install X theme and MEC. There might be some files that were corrupted. You can review our update guide and see the Manual Update section to re install X.

Please let us know how it goes.

OK thanks. Will monitor and let you know if the issue persists - so far it seems stable.

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.