Jquery error on Page using FormidablePro Form View

Hi. I am getting a js error on one of my pages that includes a formidablepro data form view. I have isolated this to the theme by deactivating all plugins (except formidablepro) - did not remove error. Then switching to wp 2017 theme, the data form view worked and the below error was not presented in the console. Changing back to my xpro child theme and the error returns.

jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:4 Uncaught ReferenceError: ajaxurl is not defined
at eval (eval at (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2), :391:119)
at eval (eval at (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2), :391:7405)
at eval ()
at jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2
at Function.globalEval (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
at text script (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:4)
at Xb (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:4)
at y (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:4)
at c (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:4)
at Object.send (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:4)

Thoughts?

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
As you have checked with other theme and the issue only is happening in “Pro” theme. To confirm if this is a compatibility issue or not we need your website details to investigate further.

Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

Hey @dsthompson,

I see the issue in your site. I tried to replicate the issue in my test site but I realized that you’re using a paid version of the plugin so I was not able to proceed. Regretfully, the furthest we could do in this case is to post this to our issue tracker so our development team could be made aware of the conflict once they go through the list of reports. Please stay tuned for updates.

Thank you for understanding.

@dsthompson

Would you mind adding FTP credentials to your secure note? There are some things we can check here that will help us better understand the problem. If that’s ok, just reply here as well to confirm. Thanks!

Hi and thanks for your reply. Just added secure note with credentials on how to access file structure using plesk admin panel. That should get you to the entire site file structure.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for sharing the info. I’ve spent some time investigating this and regretfully I’ve not found a root cause, nor do I have a workaround.

It looks like it’s related to this code:

/**
	 * If submitting with Ajax or on preview page and tinymce is not loaded yet, load it now
	 */
	protected function load_field_scripts( $args ) {
		if ( ! FrmAppHelper::is_admin() ) {
			global $frm_vars;
			$load_scripts = ( FrmAppHelper::doing_ajax() || FrmAppHelper::is_preview_page() ) && ( ! isset( $frm_vars['tinymce_loaded'] ) || ! $frm_vars['tinymce_loaded'] );
			if ( $load_scripts ) {
				add_action( 'wp_print_footer_scripts', '_WP_Editors::editor_js', 50 );
				add_action( 'wp_print_footer_scripts', '_WP_Editors::enqueue_scripts', 1 );
				$frm_vars['tinymce_loaded'] = true;
			}
		}
	}

When $frm_vars['tinymce_loaded'] is true, the ajaxurl javascript variable is available on the front end. That code is the only thing I saw that would make the variable true, but for some reason it seems like that function is never executed.

At the moment I don’t see any way Pro could be interfering with this. Regretfully I’m unable to investigate any further. I would recommend that you reach out to Formidable’s support to see if they have any ideas. You can send them the info I found above in case it helps.

Thanks for taking a look. Will get with FFPro and see if they have additional insights. It may in-fact be relevant in that the edit link would use the tinymce. Much appreciated!

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.