Plugin Conflict with Themeco X

The site is www.meghall.com. Something funky happened to the design/layout of the site when we updated to the latest version of WordPress 4.8 (most notably on page: https://www.meghall.com/catering/, which should have an expanding/contracting accordion).

We went through a series of troubleshooting measures:

• Reverting the site back to June 25; which was the furthest I could go back without erasing form entries
  • Deactivating each plugin, one by one
  • Checking that each plugin is running the current version
    -Clearing all caches (WP Engine, Cloudflare, WP Rocket, browser)
  • Reading through Themeco’s changelog to look for any obvious updates which might have caused the error
  • Deleting each block of custom CSS to see if anything there was causing the error
  • Inspected the Homepage with dev tools to look for any errors (didn’t see any)

However, the site is still experiencing some sort of conflict. Here’s a report we pulled from WP Engine with known errors:

[Mon Jun 26 16:16:37.661613 2017 ] [:error] [pid 18471] [client 146.148.36.160:38364] PHP Warning: touch(): Unable to create file /nas/content/live/meghall/wp-content/uploads/gravity_forms/.htaccess because Permission denied in /nas/content/live/meghall/wp-admin/includes/misc.php on line 109, referer: https:// www. meghall.com/wp-cron.php?doing_wp_cron=1498493796.7050650119781494140625

[Mon Jun 26 22:32:56.969911 2017 ] [:error] [pid 9375] [client 109.169.29.30:63850] PHP Warning: require(/nas/content/live/meghall/wp-content/plugins/wp-rocket/inc/3rd-party/plugins/geotargetingwp.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /nas/content/live/meghall/wp-content/plugins/wp-rocket/inc/3rd-party/3rd-party.php on line 12

[Mon Jun 26 22:32:57.004148 2017 ] [:error] [pid 9375] [client 109.169.29.30:63850] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required ‘/nas/content/live/meghall/wp-content/plugins/wp-rocket/inc/3rd-party/plugins/geotargetingwp.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/php’) in /nas/content/live/meghall/wp-content/plugins/wp-rocket/inc/3rd-party/3rd-party.php on line 12

[Mon Jun 26 22:33:39.258157 2017 ] [:error] [pid 10008] [client 127.0.0.1:64840] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function switch_to_locale() on null in /nas/content/live/meghall/wp-includes/l10n.php:1277\nStack trace:\n#0 /nas/content/live/meghall/wp-includes/user.php(1816): switch_to_locale(‘en_US’)\n#1 /nas/content/live/meghall/wp-content/mu-plugins/wpengine-common/plugin.php(1665): wp_update_user(Array)\n#2 /nas/content/live/meghall/wp-content/mu-plugins/wpengine-common/plugin.php(1862): WpeCommon->ensure_standard_settings()\n#3 /nas/content/live/meghall/wp-content/mu-plugins/wpengine-common/plugin.php(1273): WpeCommon->process_internal_command()\n#4 [internal function]: WpeCommon->real_ip(’’)\n#5 /nas/content/live/meghall/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(298): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#6 /nas/content/live/meghall/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(323): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)\n#7 /nas/content/live/meghall/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)\n#8 /nas/content/live/meghall/wp-settings.php(325): do_action(‘plugins_loaded’)\n#9 /nas/content/live/meghall/wp-config.p in /nas/content/live/meghall/wp-includes/l10n.php on line 1277

[Tue Jun 27 01:06:20.464436 2017 ] [:error] [pid 27015] [client 47.37.143.68:63306] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Element must be mapped in system in /nas/content/live/meghall/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/shortcodes.php:1426\nStack trace:\n#0 /nas/content/live/meghall/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/shortcodes.php(1452): Vc_Shortcodes_Manager->getElementClass(‘vc_column_text’)\n#1 /nas/content/live/meghall/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/editors/class-vc-frontend-editor.php(929): Vc_Shortcodes_Manager->shortcodeClass()\n#2 /nas/content/live/meghall/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/editors/class-vc-frontend-editor.php(911): Vc_Frontend_Editor->toString(Array, ‘\r\n<div class="h…’)\n#3 /nas/content/live/meghall/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/editors/class-vc-frontend-editor.php(895): Vc_Frontend_Editor->parseShortcodesString(’\r\n<div class="h…’, false, ‘5dbc250eb587890…’)\n#4 /nas/content/live/meghall/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/editors/class-vc-frontend-editor.php(930): Vc_Frontend_Ed in /nas/content/live/meghall/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/shortcodes.php on line 1426, referer: https:// www. meghall.com/wp-admin/post.php?vc_action=vc_inline&post_id=5&post_type=page

[Tue Jun 27 16:21:54.715044 2017 ] [:error] [pid 20634] [client 146.148.36.160:50234] PHP Warning: touch(): Unable to create file /nas/content/live/meghall/wp-content/uploads/gravity_forms/.htaccess because Permission denied in /nas/content/live/meghall/wp-admin/includes/misc.php on line 109, referer: https:// www. meghall.com/wp-cron.php?doing_wp_cron=1498580513.7844960689544677734375Preformatted text

Hi there @tkimoto,

Thanks for writing in!

It looks like a lot of assets and files are missing, including font awesome for icons etc.

As this is on WPEngine, can you push the site to staging in it’s current state, ensure all caching is disabled entirely on staging (plugins, Cloudflare etc) and post some WP Admin Logins and SFTP details in a secure note?

thanks!

Hi Jack!

Just added a secure note to my original support ticket.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Hi There,

Could you please share us with your admin account as well?

Thanks.

Hi Thai,

Sure, I’ll add it to the secure note.

Have you tried resetting file permissions? In WP Engine menu, click the Reset File Permissions button. Please contact WP Engine for instructions.

Thanks.

Hi,

I just reset the file permissions. It doesn’t look like that had any impact on the front end of the site.

Is there anything else we can try to fix the site?

Best,
Tiffany

Hello Again,

I just logged into meghall.com, and noticed a new notification that says “your license of Theme X is not validated”. That has never appeared before-- is this something you did?

Best,
Tiffany

Hi there,

I am not sure what was happening but I activated the license.
I checked the website and judging from the staging and live site this must be something related to cache systems.

Please consider that X auto minifies all assets of the theme including CSS / JS. Now if you use services like Cloudflare you need to make sure that you turn off the minify functionality. And you will need to exclude the URLs of Cornerstone access from Cloudflare.

Please kindly read this article for more information:
https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/popular-questions/204
https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

One other thing is the internal caching which WPEngine may have done. So kindly ask them to clear any kind of cache that they may impose on your installation.

The other possibility is the Mod_Security settings which again WP Engine should exclude the Cornerstone assets URLs from the Mod_Security rules. For more information:

Thank you.

Hi Christopher,

I added the CloudFlare Page Rule and turned off the Javascript and CSS minification-- that seemed to do the trick! Thanks very much for your and your team’s help with this!

Best,
Tiffany

Hi @tkimoto,

Happy to hear that it is okay already.

Feel free to ask us again.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.