Please add support for qtranslate-xt

I know Pro currently only works with page per language plugins like WPML. However I can’t figure out why it doesn’t work with qtranslate-xt.

Even if I try to add the qtranslate codes to the page when editing it with Pro then it doesn’t seem to work. I’m not sure if this is a bug with qtranslate or just some other sort of conflict with Pro but it seems to cause all content added to the page by Pro to disappear when viewing the page for some reason, even though I only edited one title to add the qutranslate codes to and not any of the other parts of the text boxes on the page.

So I’m not sure if it’s that Pro has to add support for qtranslate-xt or if qtranslate-xt has to add support for Pro. Either way please let me know if this is something you would consider or if you can help in any way.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi There @rrhode

Thanks for writing in! qTranslate X (https://wordpress.org/plugins/qtranslate-x/) plugin is compatible with X/Pro themes though X/Pro is most compatible with WPML and that always have priority moving forward. If you have specific issues, I would suggest you to escalate it through the plugin developer.

Alternatively, you can also use our translation guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-translation/61).

Thanks!

qtranslate-x is buggy and not updated anymore. Use qtranslate-xt which is a newer fork that gets updates. And as I mentioned it does not work for me. I’ll contact the developers and see what can be done or switch to WPML.

In that case I would recommend WPML as we always make sure that the theme will be compatible with that plugin. Thanks

Hello,

I’ve discovered some things I should mention here.

First, instead of trying to manually enter codes for qTranslate-XT into the content I can simply visit the translated page URL by either using the language selector or directly entering the language code into the URL. Then from the frontend viewing the page I can go to Pro > Edit Page and it will be editing the content in the correct language.

It’s still possible to manually enter the codes, for example [:en]English text[:fr]French text[:] and then when editing the page you can switch languages to edit the other languages later on.

The issue is though that it doesn’t properly save the language codes and just seems to save all languages. Meaning it will overwrite all languages with the one currently being edited.

The only remaining issue that I can’t figure out seems to be that the Edit with Pro button on the Pro tab when editing a page in the admin does not work. I’m guessing it must be a conflict with qTranslate-XT and maybe a custom i18n-config.json file has to be created but I’m not sure how to do that yet.

Hi @rrhode,

We will inform our developers to look into this issue. We also need to investigate because we do not fully support qtranslate-xt plugin at the moment which justify what you are experiencing right now.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.