Painfully slow cornerstone! again!

Done all the steps no speed improvement

It’s a shame as it has so much potential speed of cornerstone need to be improved massively I bought three licenses and develop many site I will not be using cornerstone again unless there is a massive speed change!

1 Like

Dear @iTurtle,

I specifically remember your case and our back and forth and we moving your website to our server for a test and showing that the problem was the hosting service provider that you used. Indeed all of the hosting servers you used did not have enough resources as your website was working with no problems on our server.

Having said that, we always do our best to improve the performance of the Cornerstone and Pro Editor. From what I see in the confirm changes of the upcoming release I can see the item below which I think is related to the case:

Updated: Reduce front end javascript to a single file.
Updated: Optimized how function files are loaded for best front end performance.
Updated: Clean up generated CSS for Elements.

We will share the rest if there are on the time of the release in the Changelog:
https://theme.co/changelog/

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi there,

Would you please give us the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard and the name of a test page that you will add in a Secure Note to follow up the case and test to see why it is happening on your server?

We will check the case and see if there is an environmental factor on your installation that can be identified. Regarding the inner code aspect of the builder, there is nothing we can do unless you waiting for the upcoming release of the builder as I already mentioned in my previous reply.

Thank you.

dear christopher,
thanks for your reply and remembering this case!
but i was referring to all my installations. i have about 10 active installations on different server systems. and i was saying that the problem with v3 is independend of how fast the servers are. i mean it is considerably slower compared to v2. on a fast server it is of course much faster but still much slower than its predecessor.
in the one case mentioned by you the server configuration is surely the culprit but the company does not admit it. so the 2min+ loading times are an exception.
on my other installations i have updated 2 to the new v3 cornerstone and the others i will only update if cornerstone will be faster in the future. your information about the next update gives me hope :wink:
in the meantime i took some time to dive into divi by the way and i am underwelmed regarding the theme confiq options! but the divi builder is fast as hell and lots of fun to use.
could i disable cornerstone in x or pro and use the divi builder instead?
thanks a lot and i want to stress that i love working with x and the builder (apart from loading times and the complicated access to the text editor :wink: )
thanks again! kai

Hey @iTurtle and @davidnewton01,

We understand that working with a slow builder is frustrating. I believe this will be investigated further by our development team. But for now, aside from increasing server resources, there is currently nothing we could do as support. Please stay tuned for updates.

Thank you for understanding.

hey chistian,
thanks a lot! i put lots of hope in the next update :slight_smile:
i have another new provider which i might have to use. they have a php memory limit of 128mb. will this slow down cornerstone in comparison to 256mb?
thanks again! kai

Hi there,

We can’t really tell, even just the RevSlider itself recommends 256mb. The usage depends on how many plugins or features are using the allotted resources. The 128mb should work if it’s just cornerstone alone.

Thanks!

thanks a lot rad! i might just go with an different host in this case - just to be sure :wink: best wishes, kai

On behalf of my colleauge, you’re welcome. That’s a good decision. Let us know if anything comes up by creating a new thread. Cheers! :slight_smile:

Hi Turtle I am glad they are solving your problem mine still exists though however I see there posts and it is of help.
Please team can you give me the requirements my host should have for this to run faster I am on a shared server but please still give me the recommended settings for the host!
It looks good your addressing the speed issue I have two sites running on an older version of cornerstone as they are both much much faster than the current as turtle describes.
Cheers David

I don’t think having to change server is a good course of action, the system should be stable and fast on any hosting at least useable otherwise it should have been mentioned before purchase seems a bit crazy.
Like I said I am a big fan of the potential of cornerstone primarily but it’s too slow :frowning:
Hope fully the upgrade will be better hope it’s out soon

Hey @davidnewton01,

First, you will need to ensure that your host supports what WordPress recommends (see https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/).

Regarding Cornerstone requirements, regretfully, we don’t have specifics but Cornerstone alone requires minimum resources as it was tested in a shared hosting environment by our development team and I personally did test also.

Also so note what @Rad said previously.

If you only will use X and Cornerstone and nothing else, 128mb would suffice. But increasing to 256 to 512 MB is generally recommended as you would also need a other plugins. If you increased the memory using this code:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

and Cornerstone is still slow, it could be that your host does not allow increasing the memory and the code does not take effect. That is common in shared hosting environments. Please check with your host.

In addition to this, make sure your host is using SSD drives.

Thanks.

Done all this I am on talking terms with my host they have made the changes and still no joy.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that, there will be improvement in performance in the future updates I’m not just sure which update as it’s on our list. But that will not solve issues caused by host environment, we’ll see what it can improve. Are you on shared hosting?

Thanks!

hi rad, hi david,

it comes to my mind that maybe you should compare your loading times for cornerstone. maybe davids experience of 20sec. is different than yours :wink: 20sec can be very long if you are used to faster builders. how long would you say from your experience is a normal loading time for cornerstone???
i mean the loading time, not the speed of the builder once it has loaded. i think that is also fast on davids end?!
best wishes, kai

Hey Kai,

The loading time would depend on how much content there is on a page.

Thanks.

hi christian, thanks for your reply!
what about a fresh installation on an average fast hosting environment?
thanks, kai

Hi there,

Please consider that we are not here to debate a speed time and what is long and short. As I already informed you we have few fixes in the code which will be released in the new version.

As I mentioned before our development team are constantly working to make the performance of the builder better. At this moment we can not offer you more.

Thank you for your understanding.

hi christopher,
i was trying to help. my idea was that what david experiences as very slow is actually the normal speed of cornerstone. this could even be 10sec of loading time… then you would not need to try this and that to make it faster… that’s all.
thanks, kai