Painfully slow cornerstone! again!

Hey @davidnewton01,

First, you will need to ensure that your host supports what WordPress recommends (see https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/).

Regarding Cornerstone requirements, regretfully, we don’t have specifics but Cornerstone alone requires minimum resources as it was tested in a shared hosting environment by our development team and I personally did test also.

Also so note what @Rad said previously.

If you only will use X and Cornerstone and nothing else, 128mb would suffice. But increasing to 256 to 512 MB is generally recommended as you would also need a other plugins. If you increased the memory using this code:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

and Cornerstone is still slow, it could be that your host does not allow increasing the memory and the code does not take effect. That is common in shared hosting environments. Please check with your host.

In addition to this, make sure your host is using SSD drives.

Thanks.

Done all this I am on talking terms with my host they have made the changes and still no joy.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that, there will be improvement in performance in the future updates I’m not just sure which update as it’s on our list. But that will not solve issues caused by host environment, we’ll see what it can improve. Are you on shared hosting?

Thanks!

hi rad, hi david,

it comes to my mind that maybe you should compare your loading times for cornerstone. maybe davids experience of 20sec. is different than yours :wink: 20sec can be very long if you are used to faster builders. how long would you say from your experience is a normal loading time for cornerstone???
i mean the loading time, not the speed of the builder once it has loaded. i think that is also fast on davids end?!
best wishes, kai

Hey Kai,

The loading time would depend on how much content there is on a page.

Thanks.

hi christian, thanks for your reply!
what about a fresh installation on an average fast hosting environment?
thanks, kai

Hi there,

Please consider that we are not here to debate a speed time and what is long and short. As I already informed you we have few fixes in the code which will be released in the new version.

As I mentioned before our development team are constantly working to make the performance of the builder better. At this moment we can not offer you more.

Thank you for your understanding.

hi christopher,
i was trying to help. my idea was that what david experiences as very slow is actually the normal speed of cornerstone. this could even be 10sec of loading time… then you would not need to try this and that to make it faster… that’s all.
thanks, kai

Thank you for your input.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.