Page still not working in different language

Page not working in different language

Still having problems with things disappearing in Cornerstone when I rebuild pages, maybe conflict with additions? Creates a page in a language and when I apply these in Swedish and German, these changes do not follow, attach a page in three languages in hidden message:

I get this answer from you support:

But i still not woking correct.
I have read this one to

about other things about WPML and settings
But on my version I can NOT choose: Manual translation.
Admin > WPML > Settings and make sure it’s set to Manual translation.

Please need help

Ola

Hello Ola,

Thanks for writing in!

When you create a page in a language, you must copy the existing page when you translate it to another page. If still it is blank, I would recommend that you save the page as a template instead and load it in another language page as a template. You can do this in the Layout tab.

Hope this helps.

Hello
This is exactly how I do, but when I save the page and have to check it, everything that is done and saved disappears.

Hi Ola,

I would like to check but the login provided no longer works.

Do you mind activating the user again so we can check.

Thanks

Secure note see above

Hi @olahollsten,

Since your website is a live site, I would recommend that you create a staging site. This is very useful because you can test drive any X/Pro updates in the staging area, do the customization and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed the update in the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

After that, please provide us with URL/User/Pass of your staging site using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hello again
Should install this shortly, but the pages I have problems with are not public to the visitors.

Hi Ola,

Please let us know when your staging site is up, so we can further check on this.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Don’t understand why I have to create a staging site when the site is still under construction

is it a requirement from your side?

Hello @olahollsten,

Sorry for the confusion. Since your site is still under construction, the staging is not needed. I went ahead and created a test page. I was able to translate it with no issues at all.

Please check out the secure note.

Hello again
have discovered that it is “Smart Slider” that haunt when saving a template without slider so the language selection works, but not when I save with Smart Slider.

Hello Ola,

There might be some resources from Smart Slider that is causing a conflict. Since Smart Slider is a third party plugin, we cannot provide support for third party plugins or scripts due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script. Because of this, any questions you have regarding setup, integration, or troubleshooting any piece of functionality that is not native to X will need to be directed to the original developer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for all support.

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.