Page speed - render blocking resources

Is there a solution or something I’m missing for reducing the impact to page loading speed.
From google I’m taking a 2.4 second hit for this list below of resources loading. Several are from fonts and plugins but most are from xtheme. Any recommendaitons?

Hello Clefler,

Thanks for reaching out. :slight_smile:

You can take a look at following resources to optimize page load time:

Thanks.

Hey thanks for the info, but just have never had success with w3t and instead use WP Rocket.
I was wondering if there is something more I could do with fonts, I see multiple font resources but just use the themes font section for google fonts and don’t have font plugins installed.

Hi @clefler,

Could you please try with the Autoptimize plugin?

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks for the info, I might try it out but am getting support from WP Rocket at the moment. I would like to not have to use another plugin.
There is no way in xtheme to manually combine the google font files?

Hello Clefler,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I would suggest you to take a look at following resource for some more options:

Thanks.

Thanks, I have managed to improve the speed through WP Rocket settings and have come to find that the google font files are not as big an impact since googles servers are fast and other reasons.

Is there anything that can be done about these files hitting my load time?
…stacks/renew.css?ver=2.5.4
…jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.12.4

Also, I don’t have Font Awesome installed but this shows up:
…css/font-awesome.min.css(netdna.bootstrapcdn.com)

Hi @clefler,

Try combining the CSS Files and JS Files

But this is not always a recommended settings though as this can cause issue among themes and plugins (specially combining the JS).

The Theme has built-in FontAwesome files and font-awesome.min.css is a minified file so this should not affect the load time that much.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.