Page load issues

I am having a rough time getting the page load time down. The issues sighted are external and I am not sure how these do affect performance… examples (there are more) are:

I have also read that the theme punch plugins are huge speed abusers. Can you suggest options for video and grids that are less so? The one thing that concerns me with them is that they are loading even on pages that does not have content that uses them. Is there a way to stop that from happening?

My main hope seems to be tied to Cloudfare but with the notes I’ve seen here I am apprehensive. I don’t want to bring the site down :slight_smile:

As a side note… I did try to add w3 total cache per your setting recommendations but on the video loop screens there was a very distinct black screen jump before it resumed play.

I am using Pingdom.com and GTMetix to test. Thank you. I am just trying to get performance fixed so this is not a slam on anyone. It could be unique to us and that is what I am addressing. Best.

Hey @GeorgiaG,

We have a general performance guide here. There are performance plugins that could combine JS files but we could not give a recommendation for that as it has the potential to break your site. We also don’t have website speed consultation service so you would need to hire an expert website optimizer to configure optimization plugins specific for your site.

Regarding ThemePunch plugins, here are their performance related articles:

https://www.themepunch.com/faq/seo-speed-security/

https://www.themepunch.com/essgrid-doc/optimization/

Another tip for Slider Revolution is you can turn off loading of scripts globally.

Thank you for understanding.

Thank you. For your time and expertise and for the great tip on Slider Revolution! Best. Georgia

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

It did not work as expected… and as Slider Revolution indicates that it should. Perhaps because I am adding it in page settings under the masthead rather than by a shortcode in the page. It stopped showing anywhere but on the home page. I am fine and re-enabled it but wanted you to know for testing, etc. Thanks!

Thanks @GeorgiaG for the update.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.