Outdated Woocommerce templates

Hi there!

Apparently some of Woo commerce templates are outdated. Will they be updated when I update my theme from 2.2.5 to 2.3?

Best regards!

Nik

Hello Nicolaus,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Request you to please take a look at the solution mentioned in following thread.

Thanks.

But first I should update my PRO version to 2.3 right? Because Woocommerce staff told me i need to update my theme to fix the problem

Also I think I´m already using 3.5.1. that´s what it say in my Plugin section:

Hi Nikolaus,

Yes, you need to update your Pro theme to the latest version as well. You can see the latest version number and update related information from here (https://theme.co/changelog/) and then you can follow our update guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62).

Once you’re fully updated, make sure to purge your server cache if you’re using a caching plugin and also clear your browser cache before testing.

Thanks!

I´ve downloaded the latest pro version now. I´m gonna update through my ftp server. but now i´m not sure if i have to replace the my PRO-Child or my PRO theme? It doens´t say anything about child themes in the documenation article… :confused:

best regards

Ok I´ve just upate my the in Design>Themes and clicked “update”. And obviously it worked:

But still my woo commerce templates are oudated and also the photo gallery on my product pages still looks too small.

any idea? Or did it even update properly? Do have to make some changes on my child theme as well?

Best regards

Hey @nikolaus.kemetner,

You have done the update correctly.

To get rid of the small photo gallery slider and use the default thumbs, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

// Remove product gallery slider and gallery zoom
// =============================================================================
add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'remove_woo_three_support', 11 ); 
function remove_woo_three_support() {
    remove_theme_support( 'wc-product-gallery-zoom' );
    remove_theme_support( 'wc-product-gallery-slider' );
}
// =============================================================================

Meanwhile, this WooCommerce notices occurred because of the recent changes in WooCommerce. The template notices don’t actually cause any bugs or issues. You can ignore this for the moment. This will be removed and resolved when we roll out our next release update cycle.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.