Optimal Page Loading

Hello, I’m beginning to love Slider Rev that was recommended to me by your colleagues.

a) Could you be so kind to tell me how many Sliders can I have on one webpage?
I’m thinking of having a Standard Slider, a Carousel Slider, an Instagram-stream Slider on my Homepage with the sliders one on top of the other. Is this possible?

b) Is there a way to make the above sliders load one at a time? So the top slider will load first, the 2nd slider load next, & so forth?

c) What is the optimal data size for a webpage to load reasonably fast on any device?

Any advice or suggestions will be welcome!

Hello @iamwithU,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

1. There is no hard and fast rule on how many sliders you can have on a page. It depends on the requirement and the experience you want to give to existing and potential users. If you ask me personally (this is a personal opinion and not a Themeco official advice) one should not have too many sliders on a website as it tends to distract the user experience.
  2. You can explore the concept of lazy load. To learn more, please take a look at following Google Search result.
  3. One should target to load the website in last amount of time. Use of optimized images, media files helps in improving page load time and webpage file size.

I would encourage you to take a look at our performance optimization guide to learn more.

Thanks.

Thanks Prasant. Just a quick question

• if I have a slider on top of one another, is the page loading doubled? Or does the top slider load first?

Grateful if you can give me some clues of how the loading gets affected - so I know how to economize the page.

Hi There,

The revolution slider will load all the sliders when the page loads.

You can add many slides as you want to the slider in Revolution Slider plugin, but I recommend you limit < 10 slides per sliders in your page and the image size should be less then 2MB per slide.

For more information, please take a look at this: https://www.themepunch.com/revslider-doc/performance-seo/

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Thanks Thai for your advice.
So not more than 2MB per image & not than 10 slides - does that mean 20MB is the threshold? If so, I’ll try to ensure total for each slider is not more than 30 MB.

Appreciating your hard work to support us.

Hi There @iamwithU

There is no particular threshold however I would suggest you to optimize images for web, so that you can reduce a 2MB file size to around 300 - 400 KB. Follow this guide to understand it better (https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/using/optimizing-images.html).

You can see similar example from the above link as well.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.