Open Modal with link from content?

Hi, I want to open the “Mailchimp Subscription Modal” with a link in my body copy. This modal is available on every page, as it is in the footer. I reviewed this post:
https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/open-close-modals/14807/2

but it seems like this person is trying to do something more complex than I want to achieve.

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for writing in!

Did you use a plugin for your Mailchimp Subscription Modal? Which plugin is it? I would highly recommend that you use the ConvertPlus plugin. This will allow you to integrate MailChimp and be able to open it in a modal popup. You can then trigger this modal by a button or a plain text link.

Please check out this documentation about the plugin:

Hope this helps.

Thanks! No, I just embedded the Mailchimp subscription form embed code(from Mailchimp)…is that not a good way to go?

Hello Andrew,

The embed code will also work. Just make sure that you use Content Area Modal element in the page. You can use the Content Area Modal element toggle and turn it to a text instead of a toggle icon.

Hope this helps.

Thanks! that is a great solution, and i created a template of the original mailchimp modal, so i didn’t have to recreate it.

You’re always welcome Andrew!

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.