Open content modal/dropdown on hover

I’m trying to make a mega menu and putting a Global Block within a content modal or dropdown like I do for mobile menus but you have to click to access it, which isn’t how you’d interact with a top navbar item, it’d open on hover.
Is there a way of turning off the click and turning on hover for those elements?

Hi @RubberDuckers,

Thanks for reaching out.

There is no hover functionality on mobile, hence all mobile menu related element will only work upon click. Instead, please use navigation dropdown element, it should work upon hover.

Thanks!

Hi - thanks I don’t think you got what I meant, I probably didn’t explain it well.

I’m trying to get a hover over effect on desktop to create a megamenu.

If you check the hamburger icons here:

The first is a modal but positioned at the top and the second is a dropdown - it’s either of these that I’d want to open on hover rather than click to work more like a navigation item would on desktop.
A normal navigation dropdown like you suggest wouldn’t allow me to make something more than just the menu and styling it.

Many thanks

Hello @RubberDuckers,

Please be advised that the megamenu will only be available in the default navigation or by using the Ubermenu plugin. The content modal dropdown may not be used as a menu or behave something like what you have envisioned. It may be possible to do that with custom development. Regretfully custom development is beyond the scope of our support. Please take a look at uber menu plugin instead if you want to have a mega menu.

Hope this helps.

Thank you - I was trying to avoid Ubermenu to try and use Global Blocks and have more customisation and keep it within the theme but will try figure something out!

Thanks

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.