Only on Touch Screen

Hey, is it possible to have certain content display only on touch screen devices?

I’ll try to explain my issue… I have built an image map that functions fine on a regular computer, but doesn’t function properly at all on a mobile device. I was hoping to just have a list of text links that displayed on those devices rather than the map. At the same time, I’d prefer the list not to show up on a regular computer.

This may not be possible at all, I understand, I’m just really hoping to have a functional image map on my website.

Thanks again!

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! You can hide or show a section on a specific device when you create the page with Cornerstone. Simply create a section, row and columns. You may create two sets of rows. The first row could the visible for desktops and the second one could only be for smaller screens. You can achieve this by utilizing the “Hide During Breakpoints” option which can be found in the row settings. To know more about this option, please check this out:

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll take a look and see what I can do!

You’re welcome.

It worked, this is perfect!

Thanks again!

You’re welcome. Glad we could help. :slight_smile:

One more question regarding this topic…

I’ve noticed a few other minor details that could easily be solved using this method, my only concern is slowing down the site.

If I use two different rows, but have one for desktop and the other for mobile, does the browser still recognize them as two different elements? or just one?

Thanks

Hi,

It’s two different elements.

Hidden elements will still load in the background so yes it could affect your site performance.

But you can improve it using cache plugins.

Thanks

Ok, great, thanks for the info!

I’ll look into other ways to solve the issues before resorting to hidden elements.

Thanks again!

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.