Old Shortcode still not working

Hi @Prasant

This topic was closed so can’t reply on the thread:

This does not help I’m afraid. As I said previously, I clicked through every single page on the site and provided you a list of shortcodes which are not working.

I have updated on a staging site and since updating all of those pages no longer work.

Any other ideas how we can fix this?

Thanks

Hi There,

I can see the issue. Please provide wordpress admin and FTP credentials inside a secure note so we can see your setup.

Thank you. I’ve just supplied the secure note.

Hi Rich,

Your pages are created in Visual Composer where X is integrated, but your Visual Composer’s integration is currently off. Please enable it in Admin > WPBakery Page Builder > General Settings > Legacy X Integration.

Hope this helps.

Brillant, that worked.

Thank you :slight_smile:

You are most welcome!

Hi, so looking closer, some large chunks of sections aren’t loading in the browser.
But I can see the content in the back end editor.

For instance the intro block is missing on the homepage:

Hello Rich,

I have inspected your homepage and I am seeing a broken html code. This could be the cause of the issue. Please do not use the WP editor. use only the WPBakery Visual Composer in editing your page. If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi,

I’m sending you the info now in the secure note.

Thanks,

Stu

Hello Rich,

I have checked your homepage and even edited the intro text in the very first content band. I saved my changes and even check it in the Revisions if my changes were added. And then when I view your site on the front end, nothing is displayed specially the first content band. It is as if the front page is displaying an old version of the page. Do you have caching in your hosting server? Where are you hosted by the way? I am guessing the your server is displaying the old cache of your homepage and not the recent;y saved changes. If you can check in your hosting server and may purge your site cache in your hosting server, that would really help us in resolving this issue.

Thank you.

Hi,
We do have caching enabled but our host clears the page cache automatically on update post. I can see your change but nothing is registering on the front end.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Hi Rich,

The first block of the homepage shows up now, the issue is you renamed the x folder in /wp-content/themes/ to x-7.0.4, it should have remained its name to x so the Cornerstone will identify it.

Although we still support WPBakery Page Builder, we strongly advise utilizing the native page builder of the X theme which is the Cornerstone moving forward, so you could utilize the full features of the theme.

You can see some that feature on our Youtube Channel (tutorial videos)

Cheers!

Great thanks, that’s worked :slight_smile:

You’re more than welcome, glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.