Old shortcode

Hi,
I am trying to update a site which was developed on X version 3.2.2 to the latest version, 7.0.4. We have a lot of content that was setup using the X - Shortcodes plugin.

When I activate the plugin, X theme deactivates it immediately. I have searched around and it seems like Cornerstone is the new version of your X - Shortcodes plugin, but I can’t find any articles, guides or documentation around migrating content made in X - Shortcodes to the new Cornerstone plugin. I am sure there must be some somewhere, could you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Hi Rich,

Here are the shortcodes: http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/shortcodes/

Yes, it is now Cornerstone and it is backward compatible. Shortcode will still work and it is still supported.

Cornerstone is a page builder. You can drag and drop elements in it. You can subscribe to our youtube channel to learn more about it or you can check our knowledge base for more information.

You can use cornerstone to build new pages. Your old pages will still be supported, although it is recommended to do the update on staging. If you still prefer to use the shortcodes, it is fine, though recommended to use the builder on new pages.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Thanks for that info.

Since updating X to v7 the following shortcodes do not work:

[container]
[gap]
[image]
[share]
[button]
[blockquote]
[custom_headline]
[accordion]
[accordion_item]
[recent_posts]

The shortcodes are just being output on the page on the front end view as above. It doesn’t seem to trigger any functions any more.

The only one that I have noticed is working is [text_output]

I have double checked and Cornerstone is installed and activated.

What would you suggest I do now?

Many thanks

Hello Rich,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

I checked the shortcodes in my dev setup and it’s working fine without any issues. Having said that I also took a look at the website that’s listed in your licence manager and I can see you have latest version of X Theme and Cornerstone installed.

As shortcodes are not working and showing as plain text, please do following:

1. Please try to re-install X Theme and Cornerstone as there might have been some issues while upgrading. From Appearance > Themes activate different theme other then X Theme and then delete the same. From members area or Themeforest, download latest version of X Theme and install the same from Appearance > Add New. From Plugins > Installed Plugins, deactivate and delete Cornerstone. After that visit X menu and doing so will automatically install Cornerstone.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.