No previews/essential grid templates/demo content

I have installed theme, and associated plugins. I’m not seeing blog posts in preview. I am not seeing a "Launch " button under X for Template Manager, nor am I seeing Example Posts in Essential Grid. I don’t see an orange X box like the documentation discusses (purchased as part of theme). I cannot find where to get Cornerstone elements (though I have a few from the Starter Pack).

I downloaded the Ethos (1) demo…or so I thought…

Ideas?

Hello There,

This is what we are supposed to see on under X:

For template Manager:

For Cornerstone element, go to X > Settings:

There’s an option to show All Elements, Classic or V2 elements.

Are you seeing differently? Please clarify. You may also share your credentials so we can check. If you are using latest versions, you should see the same. See versions here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

I’m using Ethos, and it doesn’t seem that everything imported. Integrity 1 imported okay, but not Agency. I keep getting the “it didn’t finish installing” error. I tried increasing the PHP limit according to the Troubleshooting advice & WP Codex. That did not work either.

Unfortunately, I’m on a time constraint and this has been frustrating. Ethos did not show the demo content, other than header/footer.

Thanks…

Hello There,

Ethos 1 demo content is a standard demo. When you import a standard demo, you will only get the home page setting, theme option settings and no posts or portfolio items will be imported. Please review our knowledge article to know the the difference with the Standard and Expanded demo content. You can check it here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-demo-content/56

When you imported the Agency demo, it stopped. You may have encountered a PHP CURL timeout and that is why it did not continue to import. To be able to resolve this, you will have to increase your PHP Curl timeout. Please check this thread as your reference: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/we-are-sorry-the-demo-failed-to-finish-importing/16734/2

And if everything else fails, please provide us WP access to your site and your FTP details so that we can take a closer look and resolve this issue.

Best Regards.

My provider did do that (php curl limit)…

Hi There,

Thanks for the info.

Can you please confirm your login page URL. Seems the URL is something different than normal wp-admin.

Thanks

Hi there,

Before I continue, do you wish to import the Agency too? It’s because the Ethos demo is already imported but it doesn’t contains posts or pages since it’s standard demo. And the standard demo is simply a placeholder and you will have to finish it by adding your pages and posts manually. Again do you wish to import the Agency demo overwriting the current Ethos demo?

Your Ethos demo contains invalid category IDs. Please go to Theme Options > Ethos > BLOG OPTIONS > CATEGORY IDS and input the valid category IDs which you can find under Admin > Posts > Categories. Please note that this is a filterable index, a special feature of ethos. If you wish to display a normal blog, then turn off the Filterable Index.

As for post carousel and post slider, they are set as featured in your Theme Options. With that, you will have to edit each of your post and find the Ethos Post Settings section and toggle on the Post slider and carousel options. This needs to be set manually since your Theme Options settings is set to display featured items. And features post items are manually selected by you.

Thanks!

Yes, I’d like Agency, but we can remove Integrity…It was a test to see if importing was a problem as a whole, or just one demo. Thanks!

Hello There,

I can confirm that the Agency demo will not import. It just return “Invalid Demo Name” on the page console even though the demo name is valid. This is very common in some hosting that has external storage for transients. So to save us time, I have imported the Agency demo contents manually. Please check your site now.

By the way, if you want to start fresh and would like to have Agency demo content in your clean slate, please go to your plugins section and install “WordPress Reset” plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-reset/). I always use this plugin to refresh or to start fresh WP in our local testing servers. And to import Agency demo manually, you will need to follow these steps:

• Please download the Agency demo zip file from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/875ne7mk02vi02m/agency-demo.zip?dl=0
  • Unzip the file in your computer and you will see 3 files namely agency-home.zip, Agency-xcs.json and Agency-posts-pages-portfolio-media.xml.
  • First go to your dashboard, Tools > Import and import the posts, pages and portfolio contents by using the Agency-posts-pages-portfolio-media.xml file
  • Second, go to your plugins and make sure that Revolution Slider is installed and active. You will also need to import the Agency home slider. To know how you can import a slider, please check this out: https://www.themepunch.com/revslider-doc/import-export-replace/
  • Third, go to X > Validation and find the “Theme Options Manager”. You will need to import the “Agency-xcs.json” file to make sure that you will have all the Agency demo theme options settings.
  • Fourth, please go to Appearance > Menus and assign “Primary menu” as your primary and footer menu.
  • Lastly, please go to Settings > Reading and assign “Home” and “News” as your home page and your posts page.

These are the steps I’ve done and will be useful if you would like to re create the Agency demo fresh from the start or in your staging area.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you! I really want Ethos 1 like the demo, but I can’t find any step-by-step, but Agency seems pretty straightforward! Thanks for the help!

You’re welcome.

Okay, so you said that you set up the Agency demo for me so I don’t need to do the step-by-step you gave me, but I am still seeing the Stack for Ethos with Ethos underneath it when I go to Customization. I cannot get the footers to work. I have set them on and to Four, but I don’t see them after I save.

The Agency demo is based on the Ethos stack.

It might be the caching issue. I switched the footer widget areas option is Four then purged all the cache and the widget area is working fine now:

Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.