No Full screen support for video?

I am surprised the built in video player does not provide any full screen button, pretty lackluster to be honest, bare bones yeeesh. Any way to fix besides uploading to Vimeo? i would prefer not to upload there. Thank you.

Examples
http://galatiafilms.com/newsite/2018/01/07/test-video/
http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/affiliate-marketing-101-self-hosted-video/

Hi there,

Plase kindly use the Video element instead of the Classic Video element, There you will see an option called advanced that you can use to have the full-screen functionality:

For more information:

You are welcomed to use the Classic Video Player element and it has the Advanced controls which you can turn on and have the full-screen functionality, but it will be limited regarding the look and feel:

Thank you.

Where do I find this element to turn on?

If I use the Classic Video player where do I find the Advanced controls?

I love both ideas but I am looking everywhere trying to find where they are? Thank you sir!!!

Hi there,

You can go to the Post in question and click on the Edit with Cornerstone button to go to the Builder and there you can add the element:

If you do not see that option simply go to X > Cornerstone and enable it to Posts:

Please kindly consider that you can see that video only on the Single Post page and not the listing of the blogs.

Thank you.

Still lost. I went into Cornerstone for the page and tried to add an embedded video and a regular video and had no luck doing so. I do not want to use conerstone if I can help it. I do not want to use it and don’t think it should be necessary just to add full screen. I am more interested in this Classic Video option you mention. How to turn on advanced for that? Thank you kindly :wink:

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! The advanced control can be enabled in the classic video element when you are using Cornerstone. It is available in the classic video element settings.

If you are using a shortcode, you can use this instead:

[x_video_player m4v="http://yourdomain.com/video.mp4" poster="http://yourdomain.com/image.jpg" advance_controls="true"]

To know more about the video shortcode, you can check it here:
http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/shortcodes/responsive-video/

When displaying the video in a post which usually a post that has a Post Format as video, the advance controls can not be set since you are only supplying the video url or video embed code. For more details about video post format settings, please check it here:

Hope this helps.

Still thoroughly lost, helplessly lost it would seem LOL. I read everything and all the articles posted. Here is what I do understand. I understand I want it to be set up this way: Set as video post in Wordpress, place link to video in MP4 section at bottom under video settings. Why do I want to go this rount? Because everything is listed right, side bar on page of recent posts shows correct Video image icon over post, Plays perfect right on main post page and is layed out simply on the page itself. Perfect! I was really excited when you mentioned the code fix above but this did not add any option for full screen, firstly I had no idea where to put the code you mentioned so I put it anywhere and everywhere it made sense and nothing worked . Finally I did go into conerstone for that page and the only way I could get to what I deem was classic video was to drag an element of video onto the page where I already have the video perfectly the way I like it and then to the left I was able to select the option for advanced options. I did so and published and here is what I have, no fix. ;(

http://galatiafilms.com/newsite/2018/01/07/test-video/

Hello There,

I have done some investigation and it turns out that the advanced controls in the featured video specially if you use the Video Post format were deactivated on purpose. To resolve your issue, this requires a template customization because it is designed on purposed for the theme. We would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released.

After the child theme is set up, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

// Enable Advanced Controls for the Featured Video
// =============================================================================

if ( ! function_exists( 'x_featured_video' ) ) :
  function x_featured_video( $post_type = 'video' ) {

$entry_id     = get_the_ID();
    $stack        = x_get_stack();
    $aspect_ratio = get_post_meta( $entry_id, '_x_' . $post_type . '_aspect_ratio', true );
    $m4v          = get_post_meta( $entry_id, '_x_' . $post_type . '_m4v', true );
    $ogv          = get_post_meta( $entry_id, '_x_' . $post_type . '_ogv', true );
    $embed        = get_post_meta( $entry_id, '_x_' . $post_type . '_embed', true );
    $fullwidth    = ( in_array( 'x-full-width-active', get_body_class() ) ) ? true : false;

if ( $fullwidth ) {
      $poster = wp_get_attachment_image_src( get_post_thumbnail_id( $entry_id ), 'entry-fullwidth', false );
    } else {
      $poster = wp_get_attachment_image_src( get_post_thumbnail_id( $entry_id ), 'entry', false );
    }

if ( $embed != '' ) {
      echo do_shortcode( '[x_video_embed type="' . $aspect_ratio . '" no_container="true" class="mvn"]' . stripslashes( htmlspecialchars_decode( $embed ) ) . '[/x_video_embed]' );
    } else {
      echo do_shortcode( '[x_video_player m4v="' . $m4v . '" ogv="' . $ogv . '" poster="' . $poster[0] . '" type="' . $aspect_ratio . '" advanced_controls="true" preload="metadata" hide_controls="false" autoplay="false" loop="false" muted="false" no_container="true" class="mao ni mvn"]' );
    }

}
endif;
// =============================================================================

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

Good god this seems ridiculously complicated to simply have a video play in the theme or Wordpress that is full screen (which is what any person may want to do). I am at this point very upset and disappointed… and frankly tired. I am ever thankful to all who have helped over the past but I am beginning to wonder if Wix or some derivative is better in that yes I would pay a monthly fee and look likely ever other chump out there … believe me I want Xtheme to work …but why so difficult in wordpress/cornerstone/xtheme just to have a simple full screen option on video posted in the theme, this seems so basic. Sadly depressed ;( I cannot unfortunately understand what you are trying to explain to me above. I’m ready to just say OK, fullscreen cannot be done without major trouble. All this talk about Child Theme (something I know nothing about) and mountains of code is just beyond me. If there are any alternatives to this complicated mess please let me know, otherwise I resolve to give up on the hope… the dream of Fullscreen.

I guess Vimeo is the waytogo

Hi,

Sorry if it sounds too complicated.

There are only two steps.

1. Install and activate child theme
  1. Copy and Paste the code provided by my colleague in your child theme’s functions.php file

Thanks

Thank you so much for these further details. To be honest I think this a little beyond what I had hoped to get into. I read the Child article and I do not feel comfortable doing all of this for one change. My follow up questions are thus: I was a bit worried reading that updates could remove changes? If I have done basic editing in the them both in and out of Cornerstone am I going to have issues with losing stuff? That seems weird if so. But if there is a whole other reason for doing this I guess I should try to do it? I really would rather not and just use Vimeo for full screen. Thanks for your pro advice.

Hello There,

Thank you very much for updating the thread.

The best and easiest way to resolve your issue is to only use a Vimeo or Youtube embed code only.

When there are theme updates, during the update process, the whole theme will be deleted by WordPress and it will be replaced with the latest version of the theme. This is why a child theme is necessary if you have custom modifications to the theme features and functions. All custom modifications should reside in the child theme to avoid getting removed or overwritten when there is an update. If you are worried about your settings in the theme options and custom css you may have added, you do not have to worry about because all the settings in the theme options along with the custom JS and custom css is saved in the databases. Thus it is very safe when there is a theme updates.

Hope this explains it briefly. Thank you very much.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.