No fonts appear to be loading

Hi there,
On a fresh install of XTheme, no fonts other than the default Times New Roman appear to be loading. I have tried multiple default system fonts, Google fonts, etc. and I still cannot get the fonts to change. What could be causing this?

**Update, actually, the theme appears to be loading css from the icon.css file, thus loading css from no other files.

Thank you,
Kaila

Hello Kaila,

Did yo have the Font Manager enabled on your site? If so, kindly double check if you have everything setup correctly.

Here is a KB article about the Font Manager:

In case you have everything setup but the issue persists, please provide us with the admin access to your site in a Secure Note (key icon under the replies you post/posted):

Hi Jade,
I read through that link and I believe that I do have everything correctly setup. I will send you the login information.

Thanks!
Kaila

Hello Kaila,

Please change the role of the given user credentials as a super admin so that we can check all your settings.

Thanks.

Oops, sorry :slight_smile: Should be working now!

Hi Kaila,

It looks like related to cache, I deactivated the theme from network admin but it stays active and running on that PG Clan sub site. The changes aren’t taking effect either but clearing the cache has no effect. How about creating a staging of your multi site to make sure there is no active cache? Your hosting should have staging feature.

Thanks!

Sorry for my absence from the thread, but I was going back and forth with my host. We were running PHP version 7.3 on the site, and after a downgrade to 7.2 the theme is now working properly. I am sure you have PHP compatibility information in your docs somewhere, but I never even thought about what PHP version I was running.

Thanks for your help,
Kaila

Hi Kaila,

The theme only depends on the resources provided by Wordpress. It uses APIs and functions based on Wordpress standard and Wordpress recommended version is PHP 7.2 or greater.

Maybe the problem is incomplete setup or configuration for 7.3 that affects even Wordpress.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.