No Element inspector in left side bar

Hi since last 2 updates I do no see the element inspector when an element is selected.
The inspector does work when added to the bottom of the page, or when floating.

How can I get it back on the left side?

See images

Hi @Designbase ,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It seems like an error. Can you please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

4. Remove custom JavaScript and deactivate your child theme and switch to parent theme (take a complete backup first).

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks.

I have this problem on more X-theme powered websites… different plugins etc.
Before this never happened… please find the login details in secure note.

Thanks, Ron

Hello @Designbase,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

On my end your website is not loading and getting following error message (see secure note). If you have country or IP filtering, please disable the same and let us know.

Thanks.

What is you ipaddres and country? The Server has some blocked…

Hi @Designbase,

Sorry, but that will not work. We have dynamic IP and the each support team member is in a different location/country

If you wouldn’t mind deactivating it for a while so we can check.

Thanks.

I disabled the country blocking on the server zo you should be able to access the website.

Hello @Designbase,

I was able to logged in and checked your site. I can confirm and have replicated the issue. Could you please increase your PHP Max Input? Please check out this link to know how:

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Hi, I upped it to 4000 and 10000 also upped execution time to 300 but neither helpt…

Hello @Designbase,

Could you also please change your PHP version to 7.2? Please make sure that your server is using the recommended server settings which can be found here: https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

I am sorry but that is not something that can easily be done.
Also, other websites on the same server do not have this problem…!

Hi There @Designbase

I have re-installed Cornerstone plugin on your site and now it is showing the element inspector correctly on your site (see secure note below).

Could you also please clear all caches on your end, re-test this issue on your end and confirm. You can refer to the following article on how to clear all caches (https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-clear-your-cache-in-wordpress/).

Thanks!

Well…

Have no caching running.

Not working in Safari, not working in Chrome, but is does work in Firefox…
Cannot see your uploaded image file.

So still not working properly.

Hello @Designbase,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

I checked the setup in Chrome, Firefox and Safari. I can confirm that the Cornerstone and inspector is working fine in Firefox. While in Chrome, Cornerstone is loading fine, it’s the inspector that’s having the issue. I tried few troubleshooting based on the information and error messages that’s showing up in dev tools but it’s not working.

To further check the setup, can you please share FTP login details using secure note?

Thanks.

Hi see details in note

Hey @Designbase,

Regretfully, I couldn’t find anything in your server files that could cause this. I see that you’re using PHP 7.1. This issue is usually is a result of some non-standard PHP configuration like the case in this thread https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/inspector-pane-blank-when-editing-page-with-v2-elements/23996/11?u=christian_y

In the thread, the user switched to PHP 5.6 and it solved the issue for him. But, our products is compatible to the latest version of PHP as I have PHP 7.3.3 in one of my sites and I have no issues.

Please try switching to PHP 5.6. I understand that it might not be easy for you but we need to test. Your host will surely be able to help you switch PHP versions.

Otherwise, you will need to use Firefox as that is where the Inspector works for your case as Prasant discovered.

It would be also helpful if you could give us cPanel access to the site with issue and WP Admin and cPanel access of a working site.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.