No Demo content in Pro?

Hello

I am very confused. I bought and installed another x theme as I love using them, but I can’t seem to to find a way of choosing the demo template.

I found those instructions on this forum:

However, the demo content is not there. I searched the forum again and found this post:

I wanted to check how up do date this information is as the post was created in January and is now blocked from further comments. Please tell me that I am missing something big and there is an easy way of choosing the demo because I am not impressed with what I see in the template manager/design cloud.

So far the only way to be able to chose the demo is to go back and activate X. If’s that what it takes then I don’t mind but will I be able to edit pages with Pro instead of Cornerstone? When I go back to X and go into ‘pages’ I can only find ‘edit with cornerstone’. I am asking because the old website that I made using x theme uses Icon 4 demo but I am editing everything in Pro.

Many Thanks
Jack

Hello Jack,

Thanks for writing in!

Please be advise that Pro theme is for intermediate and advanced users like designers and developers. This is also why Demo contents is NOT available in Pro theme. The demo contents is exclusively available only in X theme which is good for beginners and intermediate users. They should be able to import the demo, tweak a little and good to go.

Hope this explains it briefly.

I was planning to use one of my pro - registrations for my son so he can buiid his own website - but was hoping to use the demos as well. Is it possible to downgrade?

Hello @PHTGRPHR,

Thanks for writing in! There is no need for you to downgrade. Since you have several X theme licenses that were upgraded to Pro, you can still download the X theme via in your ThemeForest account. Install the X theme, validate using the ThemeForest license and import any of the demos.

Hope this make sense.

1 Like

What’s the point of having to buy the Pro version when there are so many limitations. Your reasoning doesn’t seem to make much sense. I am sure designers and developers also want to have the convenience of the demo version as well. I was prompted to upgrade and buy the Pro version on the Apex dashboard and that’s what I did but now I have to downgrade to X. OMG!

Hello Pym,

Thanks for reaching out.

Pro Theme actually offers tools using which one can create unique page specific or global Headers, footers. Because of the templating system wherein Pro uses a different one, Pro does not comes with X Theme like One Click demo import function. However, it does come with design cloud using which one can import demo for specific elements.

You can take a look at following resource for more information on design cloud and header, footer builder. https://theme.co/designcloud/

If you have further questions and to avoid any confusion/slow response time, please create a new ticket and share the details in the same.

Thanks.

You have however mentioned so many times that demo content will be coming for pro. So whilst this response may pacify, please send clean comms re this - Either pro users don’t need demo content (find this hard to believe as learning from built models helps with velocity) or you just a bit behind on releasing some.

Hi Anthony,

I’m really sorry for the confusion, I don’t know where do you get that information but no, we won’t bring the Standard Demo and Expanded demo to PRO. Please understand that Standard demos and Expanded demos are built in X and we can not simply bring that to PRO since PRO has the header and footer builder, although you can export a demo from X and import it to PRO we can not guarantee the compatibility of it.

What we have in mind for PRO is the Design Cloud which is a library of Header, Footer, Content, and Presets template that the user can mix and match and create a site that would not look like a standard demo.

Thank you for understanding,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.